PDA

View Full Version : Anyone picking up the HTC EVO Shift?

danDroid
12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Anyone plan on picking up the HTC EVO Shift?

yankeesusa
12-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Im going to at least try it out at the store. I want to test the new processor which is suppose to be faster and smoother than the evo processor. My thing is, if it's better than evo why is it selling for a lower price?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=417

centermedic
12-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Already have three phones and I don't want the third one. The shift looks like it will be another winner for Sprint. They need another mid grade droid phone in the next 2-3 months and a latest greatest Motorola Droid killer before June.

nauss85
01-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I plan on getting it in about 3 weeks or so...

bavery
01-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Picked up mine tonight from my local Sprint store. Apparently it's a soft launch and they just got them in this afternoon. HUGE upgrade over my aging HTC Hero.

trinamorgan88
01-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Nope, got my EVO. Really don't think the EVO Shift is an upgrade.

cboden
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
My wife talked to our local store about it when she was in there and they said that it is a "downgrade" to the current EVO or Epic as the processor is lower then the current one.

Does'nt make sense if you offer a newer phone with a keyboard why would you downgrade it...?

jesusice
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
It's not a processor downgrade. The processor is more efficent so does more at 800mhz than the Evo at 1ghz. Quadrent scores are consistantly in the 1500's. Only downgrades are screen is smaller and no front facing camera. Camera has less MPs but argueably still takes better pictures.

Sent from my PG06100

nauss85
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
It would be an upgrade for me coming from the touch pro...

cboden
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
PC World did a comparison to the Org. EVO and the new Shift. Here is the link:
HTC EVO Shift vs. Sprint's Original EVO 4G - PCWorld Business Center (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/215487/htc_evo_shift_vs_sprints_original_evo_4g.html)

and here is the comparison link:
- PCWorld (http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=215487&page=1&zoomIdx=1)

roadtreker1100
01-10-2011, 06:45 AM
I ordered one yesterday. I currently have a Samsung Exclaim and have always liked the slide out keyboard but the Samsung is slow while surfing the web or downloading anything so this will definitely be an upgrade for me.

Adam Dyer
01-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I picked one up yesterday. I think it felt better in my hands than the Epic and the Epic didnt feel 50 dollars more better. I looked at everything, I just didnt think that the EVO was worth 50 bucks more for a front facing camera, 3 megapixels worth of camera and a bit larger screen. Had they all been the same price I prob would have picked up the EVO but to save 50 bucks I snagged the Shift.

yankeesusa
01-15-2011, 01:24 AM
I checked it out yesterday and the feel and look of the phone is very nice. I love the back of it and the blue color. It felt very sturdy. Overall it's a good looking phone. If I didn't have my evo I would give this phone a try, especially with the faster processor that's more advanced. I almost thought of selling my evo and getting it. But I'll wait for sprint's big announcement next month. Hopefully it's an evo 2.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=417

cboden
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok...so my wife's phone (HTC Touch Pro2) was stolen out of the shopping cart at Target. So we went to Sprint and picked up the EVO Shift for her. I got the Epic for Christmas.

Now that I've set the stage...

I have switched to the Shift and She is total in love that this phone...as I am too now... I've been with Sprint for 12 years and this, honestly, is the best phone HTC or Sprint has put out since the Touch Pro 2. IMHO.....

Epic was nice for front camera, didn't use that much, and for the screen quality and size...but as for speed and "feel" of the phone it lacked the professional feeling i was looking for... I reatlly feels like a phone I'd get my teenager and not one I'd use for business...

Now the Shift, besides missing the front camera and the smaller size, has the feel and speed that I want in a phone. I has the business feel that I was looking for..

My Rating out of 5 stars....

EPIC.... 2 1/2 Stars
Shift.... 4 Stars