PDA

View Full Version : LS 670 pre-activation?

lvanderslice
03-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I called Sprint in a NIB "never activated" LS670 I was considering buying from a 3rd party. They said it had been "activated". Further questioning revealed that when it was originally shipped it was "pre-activated" for the phone number for which it was ordered, so that the pre-programmed activation button works upon powering up the phone. They said "technically" it had not been activated, but WAS "active".

What gives? Anyone run into this? Any problems activating such a phone on a different phone number?

Any information would be helpful...

Thanks!:confused:

Oldschooluser
03-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I just activated a second EVO from Tele-sales and had to call Sprint. Every time I enter the number online for phone change a message came up saying the phone was activated. Upon calling Sprint and talking to a real nice CS rep he stated the 4g capble phones are coming partially activated. He removed the old phone, I turned on the new phone and it did it's thing and all I had to do was make a test call. Very simple compared to the first EVO I got last June.

lvanderslice
03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey thanks! I called the local store, they said they didn't have access to the "pre-activation back end system" and for the phone owner to call Customer Service. I did so, and explained the deal, and about 5 minutes later the esn was unlocked and cleared.