PDA

View Full Version : Native Email Client - "show Images"

ktklein72
12-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Hoping this is the correct forum in which to post this; if not, my apologies...

I posted this over at a few other forums and no luck so hopefully someone here has a suggestion...

I have a rooted Moto Droid X2 on GB 2.3.3 - basically a stock ROM from VZW minus the VZW bloat (deleted it, hence why I am still on 2.3.3 and not 2.3.4)

Anyway, is there anything I can do to AUTOMATICALLY receive embedded graphic images in email when I open them so I do not have to press the "Show Images" button each time? Other than that I'm ok using the native email client, so short of switching clients, I'm open to pretty much try anything. My technical level where the Android OS is concerned would be novice so please keep that in mind as well.

Thanks people!

:android-question:

wicked
12-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Not sure if there's any way to change this. hmm... I'll see what I can find.

ktklein72
12-09-2011, 04:13 PM
It drives me nutz to have to press show images each time. At least w/the GMail app you only need to do it once for each sender (I think). I understand why it is there but w/WiFi and 3G/4G most people have unlimited data so there should at least be an option... Am I crazy for thinking that?

wicked
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, after looking around, I don't think there's a way to do this with the native email app. :(

Might want to just try other email clients such as K-9 Mail

ktklein72
12-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks. And given I've had no responses anywhere else on the topic I was afraid you were going to say that. I guess I should d/l it and try it out. Bla.
:android-displeased:

SLAG IT!
12-09-2011, 06:59 PM
I hadnt found anything either.