PDA

View Full Version : Keeps Rebooting After Software Update

5c0tt
12-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have a really annoying problem with my HTC Desire HD.

Yesterday I did a software update to version 2.3.5 and since then my phone just keeps rebooting.
I think the problem is HTC Sense related because once the phone has started the phone runs really slow until I get a message saying Problem with HTC Sense & Force Close.

If I turn my phone off and remove my Sim-Card & SD Card the phone can be turned on and will be fine with no rebooting.

I have not rooted my HTC

If I go to Manage Applications > All I seem to have two HTC Sense is this normal? :dntknw:
HTC Sense for Android
Version 2.0.211
&
HTC Sense for Android
Version 3.0.212

Is there a way to uninstall HTC Sense from my handset and then reinstall the HTC Sense again?

If anyone has any idea what my problem might be or how to fix please let me know.

furbearingmammal
12-13-2011, 02:47 AM
The only way to uninstall Sense would be to root the phone.

I'd recommend backing up anything you have of importance and trying a factory reset.

:welcome1: to the forum!

5c0tt
12-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the reply & welcome message.

I am unable to backup my phone to SD card because before the app would reach 100% my phone reboots.

I am trying everything I can to fix it before Factory Reset.

So far my phone is working fine with just my sim-card in, but if I were to put my SD card in it would start rebooting.
Some how I need to find out what the problem is on my SD card.

tarotray
12-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have a really annoying problem with my HTC Desire HD.

Yesterday I did a software update to version 2.3.5 and since then my phone just keeps rebooting.
I think the problem is HTC Sense related because once the phone has started the phone runs really slow until I get a message saying Problem with HTC Sense & Force Close.

If I turn my phone off and remove my Sim-Card & SD Card the phone can be turned on and will be fine with no rebooting.

I have not rooted my HTC

If I go to Manage Applications > All I seem to have two HTC Sense is this normal? :dntknw:
HTC Sense for Android
Version 2.0.211
&
HTC Sense for Android
Version 3.0.212

Is there a way to uninstall HTC Sense from my handset and then reinstall the HTC Sense again?

If anyone has any idea what my problem might be or how to fix please let me know.

Pretty much exactly the same story, here. Unrooted Desire HD. Upgrade earlier today. Now reboots every 5 minutes or so and so.... slow.

I find it more than annoying. It has trashed my phone.

I certainly don't want to do a factory reset and lose everything I spent so much time building up, so can anyone offer a solution - HTC???

Droid-Xer
12-20-2011, 01:20 AM
unfortunately a factory reset might be the only option. the sdcard wont be touched but app data will be erased.

furbearingmammal
12-21-2011, 03:36 AM
Another option might be to manually download the update to the SD card (would need to use a card reader or another phone to put it on) and try to install the update again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's worth a shot to prevent a factory reset.

tarotray
12-23-2011, 06:20 PM
It seems to be a resources issue. At boot up, sync is running and everything is starting up. The CPU is 99% or 100% all the time. After about 5 minutes the reboot occurs - I suppose when it totally runs out of resources. I think this is an Android bug, but may be an HTC Sense issue.

For me, removing the SD card makes it stop rebooting. Going into the card, with a card reader means that I can backup & delete the .asec files in the android_secure directory. This means that it works with the card but the apps don't work. I can selectively replace them from the back-up until all my favorite apps are working, but it doesn't reboot any more.

It was very time-consuming, but I finally got my phone in a usable state and the upgrade is very nice, but I hold HTC or Google responsible for my (& others) waste of valuable time.

SLAG IT!
12-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Its with the device. Try what the other gentlemen suggested and make sure to contact htc and inform them.