PDA

View Full Version : Alert Sounds for Text Messages

theniwokesoftly
01-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Is there any way to use a sound that I recorded as my alert for text messages? I don't particularly like any of the ones provided and I recorded a sound I like onto the phone under voice recordings and would like to use that instead.

livi428
01-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Yes , you may .. Record the sound & then hold down on it . It will have many different options , one of them is set as notification ringtone (some phones have 'set as ringtone') .. Hope this helped [:

Sent from my HTC ReZound , the only phone EVER to have Beats by Dr. Dre built in . [:

theniwokesoftly
01-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Yes , you may .. Record the sound & then hold down on it . It will have many different options , one of them is set as notification ringtone (some phones have 'set as ringtone') .. Hope this helped [:

Sent from my HTC ReZound , the only phone EVER to have Beats by Dr. Dre built in . [:

Right, but I don't want to set it as my ringtone. I want to set it as my text alert.

JimmyMoog
04-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi. If re-recording is an option, try My Sounds: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foncannoninc.mysounds
It's very small and easy to use.