PDA

View Full Version : Question About Android App and External SQL DB

elidotnet
02-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Hello, i am kind a new to mobile development, i am a C# programmer (software and websites). Over the last weeks iam learning JAVA with android apps development. I have some question about Database. I know how to create and manage SQLite DB on the device but, How do i manage External SQL Database for cases i want 1 DB for all app users so i will be able to manage the database. Any advice or link to articles will be great thanks.

cali
02-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Just wanted to welcome you to the site. :android-dance:

furbearingmammal
02-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Thread moved to appropriate location.

:welcome1: to the forum!

ravinsmark
08-02-2012, 06:57 AM
How do we get data from external SQL Database into Android application? and what is the best way to retrieve this data from the database ? With the development, Day-by-day Many latest features are added in every applications. The Java-based Android is a wonderful platform for the smart phones that support various application developments. Android helps to create innovative,Android application development market is booming and there is a great demand for developing custom applications for different purposes.

Tramontana
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM
I would run the database queries from a website and use HTTP messages for the app to communicate with the server and ask for the data. So the apps don't talk directly to the extermal database. A kind of RESTful system, I believe.