View Full Version : Jelly Bean

cd_fifty_6
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
discussion on next androud Jelly bean firmware

grenefroggie
04-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Key Features:

Chrome as the native browser?

File manager? Not like Root Explorer or anything like that, an actual file browser.

Standard Android Keyboard (Across all platforms, carriers, a native Android keyboard) At best, maybe support more languages for folks that may speak Spanish, Arabic or other, but live in the US and only have the default to choose from when purchasing their phone from a carrier.

Assistant (Something like Siri for the iPhone and TellMe for Windows 7 phones)

Built in malware protection?

No more Flash? With HTML5 doing the same thing or better, we might not need that pesky add-on.

A better method for battery usage, power distribution and an overall more efficient os

Timely upgrades (honestly, in the US, I don't see this happening. Between devices manufacturers tweaking it to their phones, and carriers acting like Gestapos (if that offends anyone, let me know, or a MOD can edit it for me) in regards to what software can go on the phones, I don't think we are ever going to see timely upgrades unless you have a Google phone(carrier unlocked).

I think that covers it. I just did some searching about speculative information on Jelly Bean and this is what I have come up with!

UltraDroid
04-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Good points Froggie! :)

cd_fifty_6
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Nice info!

Ryubdu7
05-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Would HTML 5 be able to run those amazing flash games? I am too addict to them !!

somuchswag302
08-20-2012, 08:09 PM
I saw this update on someone else's phone its awesome

Sent from my Motorola_i1 using Android.net