PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Note WiFi Issues, Edge Speed & Upgrade to ICS

okusa
05-28-2012, 06:15 PM
am writing from usa. bought samsung note in asia and wifi does not work. my model is gt-n7000, android version 2.3.6. when i turn on wifi, check marks visible both in wifi and network notification boxes. scanning starts and ends without spotting any wifi network. i tried this at home, coffee shops etc. and no such luck. what's the "fix"? also, my mobile provider is t-mobile; hence, i only get the edge, when previously, my htc connects at 3g speeds. how can i get my samsung note to 3g? finally, can i/should i upgrade to ice cream sandwich? any help would be greatly appreciated.

cali
05-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the site. Have you spoken to a customer service rep at T-Mobile?

Astrix
05-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the forum

Best to upgrade to ICS. Use latest software is always good.

For 3G, take a look on your service provider APN.

Here example: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1976

Hope it help and good luck

okusa
06-10-2012, 10:01 PM
upgraded to ics. still no luck with wifi. everytime i try and open wifi it says "turning wi-fi on" and stays there forever, then the phone hangs. if i can fix this, i can live with the edge problem.

Astrix
06-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Do factory data reset. It will help to clear lots of error.

Let us know how it go

smalltowngirl13
06-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Have you also tried to connect to multiple wifi points (different ones or is this with the same one)...coule possibly be an issue with just the one wifi spot (if you have only access to one)...