PDA

View Full Version : Screen Orientation Issues

montREALady
03-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Too often am I turning the phone in a new direction and the screen is staying in the previous one. Other times it would turn right away (with a slighhhhht delay). It seems to be temperamental. Anyone else having this prob?

azbackflip
03-24-2010, 10:53 AM
yes I am also having the same problem :( the first two days I had the phone there were no issues with the screen orientation and suddenly since yesterday it is not rotating even with the option checked unless I open the keyboard then the screen will switch. pulled battery multiple times and it doesnt fix it :(

batmania15
03-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Just to let you guys know the home screen WILL NOT ROTATE when the phone is closed. The option you are checking in settings is APP specific. So MOST apps will rotate when the phone is folded but NOT the homescreen.

Hope that helps.

azbackflip
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
that does help. for some reason I could have sworn it had rotated before with it closed, but maybe I was imaging it, lol. thx!

NaplesBill
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I personally am glad that it stays portrait when the phone is closed. I find it aggravating when the home screen rotates at a slight turn of the phone.

marvin_attdroids
03-24-2010, 11:33 AM
The only time the home screen rotates with the standard home app is when the keyboard is open. The home screen does not rotate when you turn the phone to landscape, unless you open the keyboard.

Most other replacement home apps (dxTop, PandaHome, Open Home) DO rotate the home screen (if you turn on that setting).

montREALady
03-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Just to let you guys know the home screen WILL NOT ROTATE when the phone is closed. The option you are checking in settings is APP specific. So MOST apps will rotate when the phone is folded but NOT the homescreen.

Hope that helps.'

Yes, I know the home screen won't...unless you open the keyboard. Thanks!

It would happen to me when I was trying to reply to a text or FB message. Not until I open the keyboard would it rotate.

vasekvi
03-24-2010, 11:25 PM
I hope everyone knows that beside as it was mentioned that the screen will not rotate with the keyboard open, that you have to go to Settings>Display & Security and make sure that Orientation is checked for the screen to rotate with the accelerometer.

I noticed that some apps were written to not rotate at all, and only run in portrait mode, regardless of how the phone is held or if the keyboard is open or not.

montREALady
03-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I hope everyone knows that beside as it was mentioned that the screen will not rotate with the keyboard open, that you have to go to Settings>Display & Security and make sure that Orientation is checked for the screen to rotate with the accelerometer.

Yes I realize this...my screen would do it sometimes and not at another time, that's my issue.

krowwf
03-26-2010, 08:26 PM
when I take a video and play it back the screen turns sideways. I then turn the phone sideways and the screen turns again. So at this point the phone is totally upside down. "???"

montREALady
03-27-2010, 09:49 AM
when I take a video and play it back the screen turns sideways. I then turn the phone sideways and the screen turns again. So at this point the phone is totally upside down. "???"

I have actually never done video on the phone, I should probably try that out.

krowwf
03-28-2010, 09:54 AM

I figured out you have to hold the phone sideways to take video. When taking photos you can hold it either way, so I just assumed.........LOL

geekman
08-07-2010, 12:27 PM
you know whats weird is that the last week i had the problem with the screen not rotating it just happend all the sudden (and i know for a fact my home screen would change orientation with the phone cause its been doing it for at least 3 months till last week.

as stated by everyone the phone will only rotate on apps and when the keyboard is flipped open

but i dont see how some of you can say that the original intent of the home screen was to always be portrait (unless mine was messed up)

the dialer, menu, and contact buttons would even move over to the right side of the screen so i say its a serious bug.

also i find the video function to be annoying as well i have taken a large video only to find out that the whole shot was side ways (they should fix this)

geekman
08-14-2010, 08:19 PM
today my phone crashed (see restoring phone) <_< O_O >_>

it might be related has this happend to anyone after they noticed this happen