PDA

View Full Version : screen protectors

S2SRT4
04-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Hello guys just wanna see what screen protectors some others are running. I myself run the invisishield I prefer it to the cheaper ebay ones. That are plasticy and come off I've had invisishields on most my phones and they tend to last the life of the phone meaning upgrading

cheddarbob41
04-04-2010, 01:37 AM
+1 for invisishield i got the full armour just cuz i never tried it before and wanted to so yeah but i always pay extra for ivisishield

montREALady
04-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Hello guys just wanna see what screen protectors some others are running. I myself run the invisishield I prefer it to the cheaper ebay ones. That are plasticy and come off I've had invisishields on most my phones and they tend to last the life of the phone meaning upgrading

In the actual Motorola.com forum, the Moto rep says these phones don't need screen protectors as they're made of gorilla glass, but a lot of people seem to be getting them anyway.

I had an annoying experience with Invisishield on my last phone, but that may have been partly my own error and partly the fact that since my phone was an LG Shine, the protector made the mirror screen look bad, took away from it's beauty. But yes, if I were to get one, I think I would try them again rather than those cheap ones everyone else sells that aren't even phone-specific.

cheddarbob41
04-05-2010, 08:04 AM
One of my main reasons for getting a screen protector is so I don't have to keep wiping my fingerprints off my screen. That's just annoying to me.

NaplesBill
04-05-2010, 08:13 AM
I tried the invisishield and I hated it. It made the screen feel rubbery and sliding gestures seemed less responsive. I just picked up the 3-pack from my local AT&T store for $9.99. I just feel better with the screen protected.

montREALady
04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
One of my main reasons for getting a screen protector is so I don't have to keep wiping my fingerprints off my screen. That's just annoying to me.

Good point, that's annoying to me too. I've found myself actually keeping on the screen protector part of the Naked Shell case because of that (and I hate that part of the case!)

I didn't want to invest too much $ on accessories for the phone until I was certain I was keeping it. I only got that case when I bought the phone and that's it.

tae_254
04-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Im usually a die hard invisible shield user. After buying one for my backflip, i was very disappointed. It makes the touch screen feel almost sticky in my opinion. I could not use swype because it wouldnt let me swype across all the letters. Right now im using no screen protector.

jmgib
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Just an FYI, ATT is having a 50% off sale on screen protectors today. Free shipping. Check it out at their website (http://go-att.us/vtcs)

Dislaimer: No, I do not work for ATT. :) I just get their marketing crap.

TechN9ne1730
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
For $5 you can go on ebay and get 3-5, so I would pass.

jmgib
04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, I think with the exception of the iPhone, all of the protectors from ATT come in packs of 3.

cheddarbob41
04-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Im usually a die hard invisible shield user. After buying one for my backflip, i was very disappointed. It makes the touch screen feel almost sticky in my opinion. I could not use swype because it wouldnt let me swype across all the letters. Right now im using no screen protector.

hmmm...thats wierd i have invisishield on and use swype with no problems like 25% of the day. Like usual i noticed no diff sliding the screen with the shield on.

TechN9ne1730
04-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, I think with the exception of the iPhone, all of the protectors from ATT come in packs of 3.

I didnt realize that but unless the sale was one day only, your still paying twice the price.

jmgib
04-08-2010, 10:04 AM
It was a 1 day sale. They seem to do that often, have a 24hr sale for the online stuff. It's usually for phones and such, but that day just happened to be for screen protectors.

batmania15
04-08-2010, 10:34 AM
These screens in fact are guerrilla glass and don't need a screen protector. It's merely just whether you prefer to have one or not but it's not necessary.

albran
04-10-2010, 07:46 AM
It was a 1 day sale. They seem to do that often, have a 24hr sale for the online stuff. It's usually for phones and such, but that day just happened to be for screen protectors.

I tried to order the phone and protector on the 4th.
The order failed, the only thing different when I reordered on the 10th was the $9.99 price of the protector???
Which I didnít order.

albran

jmgib
04-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I didn't order a protector myself so I don't know. I just know that it was a 1 day sale until midnight that night. I'm guessing if you tried to reorder it the next day or whatever the price would have gone back up to full.

F_L_Abs
04-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I just installed BodyGuardz (screen only) on mine... Swype still works great with it on. So far so good =D

ScottyBoy002
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Lol umm, well I don't know if there's 99 cent stores in many other areas of cali but they always have dollar film screen protectors for ipods, so I always just buy them for all my other electronics and cut them down to size. They're cheap and work really well, I have one on my backflip now and you can't even tell its there.

TRave
06-05-2010, 11:54 AM
In the actual Motorola.com forum, the Moto rep says these phones don't need screen protectors as they're made of gorilla glass, but a lot of people seem to be getting them anyway.

I had an annoying experience with Invisishield on my last phone, but that may have been partly my own error and partly the fact that since my phone was an LG Shine, the protector made the mirror screen look bad, took away from it's beauty. But yes, if I were to get one, I think I would try them again rather than those cheap ones everyone else sells that aren't even phone-specific.

In my opinion, the moto reps just tell you that it isn't necessary to have a screen protector because it only benefits them to have someone bring the phone in to repair a scratched screen.

jmgib
06-05-2010, 09:52 PM
You may be right, but you should see this (http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/29/dell-streaks-gorilla-glass-screen-torture-tested-for-your-amus/).

TRave
06-06-2010, 06:39 AM
wow that was pretty impressive. ha. i was a little scared for that phone at first.

Kreep22
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Here's a little video i found on youtube about the gorilla screen on the backflip incase there's still any doubts

YouTube - Motorola backflip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXt23dg0T8)

fiji93
06-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Wow, nice video. I'm not going to try to replicate that, but I'm thinking I don't need a screen protector.