PDA

View Full Version : Dell Streak unboxing and quick overview

dandroid
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Matt unboxes the new Dell Streak Android internet tablet and demos some of the key features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57OoAiL0XsI

Joe Coolcool
07-14-2010, 06:41 PM
So are they calling it a smartphone or an internet tablet?

jmgib
07-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I think that technically it's a smartphone. Just a very large one. Personally I don't think I'd want a phone that large.

Joe Coolcool
07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
It is going to be interesting to see how well this smartphone sells. People not informed looking to upgrade from a feature phone won't want it because of it's size, people in general don't like its size. Only people with huge hands, big pockets, and won't care if people stare at their phone will like this. I'm just not sure there are a lot of people like that out there.

Lendal
07-14-2010, 07:52 PM
It is going to be interesting to see how well this smartphone sells. People not informed looking to upgrade from a feature phone won't want it because of it's size, people in general don't like its size. Only people with huge hands, big pockets, and won't care if people stare at their phone will like this. I'm just not sure there are a lot of people like that out there.

I think you're probably right if you assume that the target market is only folks who want a device primarily for making and receiving phone calls.

But I think there's a lot of people out there who like the idea of having an extremely portable and internet capable device with all of the Streaks' capabilities who don't spend hours and hours on the phone all day. For me, it's screen and speaker size alone justify the slightly awkward phone configuration. And there's always bluetooth headsets and the other 'hands free' ear phones that most of us are going be required to have for use in a car these days, anyway.

Joe Coolcool
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
I think you're probably right if you assume that the target market is only folks who want a device primarily for making and receiving phone calls.

But I think there's a lot of people out there who like the idea of having an extremely portable and internet capable device with all of the Streaks' capabilities who don't spend hours and hours on the phone all day. For me, it's screen and speaker size alone justify the slightly awkward phone configuration. And there's always bluetooth headsets and the other 'hands free' ear phones that most of us are going be required to have for use in a car these days, anyway.

Hmmm. Well, this just shows it will be interesting. I can't say I know everyone out there, so maybe there is a good market for this phone. We're gonna see how it turns out.

spectre51
01-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Best android phone I have used. Glad I sold my nexus one to get it.

Sent from my Dell Streak