PDA

View Full Version : Samsung infuse vs Motorola Atrix

cuneyyy
01-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Okay, the hardest question of the year. Which one would you get?

Dorian
01-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Between the two...

Even though the Motorola is more powerful, Moto will do their absolute best to lock it down...

The Samsung on the other hand more than likely won't, making it the modders choice.

I'd say the Infuse for me. Though, I'm waiting on Mobile World Congress to see what dual core phone Samsung is bringing. MWC is in Barcelona in Feb. so...

cuneyyy
01-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Since I am an ex backflip owner I know what you mean. Motoblur is a big downside and slowness of motorola when it comes to version upgrade. And since I own a captivate and see what this phone is capable of, (and easier to customize) So I will go with Infuse. and wait for you to come up with a custom ROM. LOL.

cuneyyy
01-09-2011, 09:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gfCdhVhc4I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wacth this video. Motorola Atrix awful web experience.

Andrea Cristiano Maietta
01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
wow holy sh!t

spectre51
01-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Since I am an ex backflip owner I know what you mean. Motoblur is a big downside and slowness of motorola when it comes to version upgrade. And since I own a captivate and see what this phone is capable of, (and easier to customize) So I will go with Infuse. and wait for you to come up with a custom ROM. LOL.

Motorola is quicker with updates then samsung. How baby samsung phones in the usa gave gotten froyo? How many motorola?

Sent from my Dell Streak

Clarence
01-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Unless I missed it, I have yet to see the words "Atrix" and "Motoblur" used in the same sentence. Please, slap me down if I am wrong.

Dorian, you'd probably need a crystal ball to answer this but do you know to what carrier this dual core Samsung will go? Multiple, like the Galaxy line?

Dorian
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Unless I missed it, I have yet to see the words "Atrix" and "Motoblur" used in the same sentence. Please, slap me down if I am wrong.

Dorian, you'd probably need a crystal ball to answer this but do you know to what carrier this dual core Samsung will go? Multiple, like the Galaxy line?

*slap!* LOL. Motorola has hidden Blur, but it's still there. It's called Ninjablur on the non-"social" phones like the Atrix. Sad really. I really detest Blur, in all it's incarnations.

Well, actually, Samsung is trying to differentiate a little more between models this time, unlike the Galaxy S phones. The SCH-i520 that was just recently announced on VZW is for all intents and purposes, the same phone as the Infuse... even though the Infuse has a 4.5" screen while the SCH-i520 only has a 4.3". Both are 1.2GHz Hummingbird and both carry S-AMOLED+ panels with Android 2.2.

Clarence
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Ah, OK. I've never read anything good about Motoblur. Everyone seems to hate it universally. Good slap! *rubbing chin*

Ninjablur (?) :rolleyes:

:blur:

You mentioned a dual core processor in the Samsung. Is the 1.2GHz Hummingbird a dual core?

Dorian
01-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Ah, OK. I've never read anything good about Motoblur. Everyone seems to hate it universally. Good slap! *rubbing chin*

Ninjablur (?) :rolleyes:

:blur:

You mentioned a dual core processor in the Samsung. Is the 1.2GHz Hummingbird a dual core?

LOL. Yea, it's sneaky like a Ninja. You won't really notice it much, but it'll still kick your phone's resources in the gut. = Ninjablur. :)

Nah, the new Samsung phones all have the same single core Hummingbird that's in the current Galaxy S phones, just slightly overclocked to 1.2GHz. Though with that said, Samsung is expected to unveil dual-core Tegra2 devices at Mobile World Congress this year. (personally I'd like to know what happened to Samsung's Orion SoC)

cuneyyy
01-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Motorola is quicker with updates then samsung. How baby samsung phones in the usa gave gotten froyo? How many motorola?

Sent from my Dell Streak

Well I think you did not have to wait almost 10 months to get 2.1 upgrade from very limited 1.5. And no one was able to come up with a custom ROM. But if you need to upgrade your Captivate you do not have to wait for official one. Dorian's 2.2 V2 rom is very solid. try that. Besides upgrade delaying not because of Samsung it is Because of AT&T. Unofficial samsung update is already out there.

jmgib
01-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Well I think you did not have to wait almost 10 months to get 2.1 upgrade from very limited 1.5. And no one was able to come up with a custom ROM. But if you need to upgrade your Captivate you do not have to wait for official one. Dorian's 2.2 V2 rom is very solid. try that. Besides upgrade delaying not because of Samsung it is Because of AT&T. Unofficial samsung update is already out there.

Proof that ATT is the reason the Captivate hasn't been updated yet? How many of the other US branded Galaxy S phones have been updated?

Sorry, but installing custom ROMs on phones does not count. Also, Motorola seems to be getting quicker about upgrading their Motoblur phones. Personally I suspect that the delays with the Cliq/Backflip/CliqXT were more to do with hardware/drivers than with Motoblur itself.

Anyway, I know I'm in the minority but I actually like Motoblur, though since I'm using a Backflip still I do know it uses a lot of resources, but on some of these new phones? I doubt it's very noticeable that its running.

cuneyyy
01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Good point but samsung is a global corporation and since Europe and canada have their upgrade that kind of proves my point. Peace.

cuneyyy
01-19-2011, 06:38 PM
I know you may think I hate Motorola but I did not write this article. Think before you invest in Motorola.

It's the question many of us are asking --will Motorola's upcoming phones have locked bootloaders? Based on Motorola's previous stance on the issue we all expected the answer to be yes, but there's no harm in asking again, right? New hardware (the Droid Bionic and Atrix 4G use a different CPU, that doesn't carry the e-Fuse technology) could mean a new protection scheme, and people are curious. Someone got a bit curious in the comments of Motorola's YouTube video showcasing the Smart docks for the Atrix 4G and got hit with a stunner of a reply by a Motorola employee, and I quote: @tdcrooks if you want to do custom roms, then buy elsewhere, we'll continue with our strategy that is working thanks. Sounds like good advice to me, so I'll certainly be buying elsewhere. Lock the phones up if you want to Motorola, but I think that money might be better spent training your PR folks how to field questions. It wasn't too long ago that most people were "buying elsewhere", and with that sort of attitude history could start to repeat itself. [YouTube via Android Central forums] Update: As many have already seen and commented, Motorola has cleansed the comments