PDA

View Full Version : The "Official" I got my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Thread

dandroid
09-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Figured we should have a thread like this so we don't end up with hundreds of different ones. http://www.bionicforums.net/forum/images/smilies/wink.png

Post in here once you get your Galaxy S2!

Johnnie5000
10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
You can almost hear crickets chirping on this board. Seriously, nobody got one yet?

dandroid
10-23-2011, 09:48 AM
lol, doesn't seem to be to popular around here :(

DaUnderSheriff
10-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Everyone's over at XDA. This forum died when the only developer that was actually developing anything worth a spit, Dorian, stopped developing in favor of his new found fascination for CM7 vs. Samsung ROM's. I don't blame him. Until ICS comes out, there's not much worth doing to Gingerbread for the SGSII any way. My .02. I for one am running CM7 on my SGSII, and loving it. But I can't wait for ICS.

UltraDroid
10-31-2011, 01:19 AM
Well, *I* bought the AT&T version of the SGS2 and think it's a *fantastic* phone. I got mine from Amazon because there was a curious shortage of that phone around Cleveland on launch day. Dan, were you ever able to latch on to one? I know that over on the other forum you were talking about how difficult it was to lay your hands on one.

-Mike

Fluffy_attdroids
10-31-2011, 10:35 AM
I just got mine, seems there is alot of work over at XDA on this but all twords just messing with the tweaked stock rom.

UltraDroid
12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Late update - there is a custom rom over here - [ROM][2.3.4] CoZ ROM v2 CWM (11/29/2011) Now with a little ICS flair! - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1337437) - which is a reasonable facsimile of the ICS build released for the international version. It lacks the hardware acceleration and a couple of other things (It is *not* Android 4.0) but it's as fast as the stock rom for the SGS2, and visually, it looks like ICS, so if you're chomping at the bit to get ICS, take a look at it.

-Mike