PDA

View Full Version : No need for a screen Protector we already have one?

gertman
05-25-2011, 06:55 PM
So apparently the Verizon version already comes with a screen protector?

http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/peelback-540x258.png

Full article here:

Xperia PLAY Comes with Screen Skin Protector Attached | Android Community (http://androidcommunity.com/xperia-play-comes-with-screen-skin-protector-attached-20110525/)

Hope this isn't instead of using Gorilla glass!!

Scotty9678
05-28-2011, 03:45 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Might have to peel mine off, I have a little nick that won't go away...good thing I bought screen protectors when I ordered my phone.

gertman
05-28-2011, 08:45 PM
That really sucks man :( How did you get the nick? What screen protector did u buy?

GameBoiye
05-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I think that's just the protector that comes on the phone of all phones. You could use that as a screen protector if you'd like haha. Me....I go naked. I absolutely hate screen protectors and haven't used one since the OG Droid.

Scotty9678
05-29-2011, 12:37 PM
That really sucks man :( How did you get the nick? What screen protector did u buy?

Not sure, maybe keys in the same pocket?

I bought the overprices Verizon 3pack when I preordered the phone.

hairdewx
05-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I think that's just the protector that comes on the phone of all phones. You could use that as a screen protector if you'd like haha. Me....I go naked. I absolutely hate screen protectors and haven't used one since the OG Droid.

There really is an additional screen protector added on the Verizon phones. I took the initial protector off and there is another one now that I look closer :)

hairdewx
05-29-2011, 02:59 PM
I may end up trying to take it off because I did pay for a skinomi...

GameBoiye
05-29-2011, 10:24 PM
There really is an additional screen protector added on the Verizon phones. I took the initial protector off and there is another one now that I look closer :)

Are you sure? I look really close and don't see anything. Maybe I'm just blind?

GameBoiye
05-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Are you sure? I look really close and don't see anything. Maybe I'm just blind?

OMFG I see it now. God damn that is a nice installation. One of the main reasons I don't use screen protectors is because I can never install them perfect but that is the most perfect installation job I've ever seen.

hairdewx
05-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Gah! they weren't kidding when they said this thing is attached WELL. My skinomi came in and I can't take the current screen protector off. I don't really want to have 2 protectors over one another (which would have happened had I not read this article), but I don't want to waste my money either :(

GameBoiye
05-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Gah! they weren't kidding when they said this thing is attached WELL. My skinomi came in and I can't take the current screen protector off. I don't really want to have 2 protectors over one another (which would have happened had I not read this article), but I don't want to waste my money either :(

Well from the looks of it, the screen protector was never supposed to come off. That would mean that it's meant to have another one put on top, seeing as you cannot replace the original if it were to come off.

gertman
06-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah with the "original" one on it really feels like your touching the glass!! I didn't think u could buy a screen protector that good and I use InvisiShield! Maybe, this is just a theory, the sheet of plastic is some how laminated to the glass in the original manufacturing process AND is only supposed to keep the glass from cutting your finger if it breaks.

As anyone found any other links besides the original one I posted?