PDA

View Full Version : R800x Bootloader

Mills00013
05-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Just wanted to give a rundown for anyone that just got this device: despite the fact that SE's website specifically says the unlocking will not work for CDMA devices (yet) you can still get into the bootloader and the phone checks out.

You can reboot into fastboot mode by either using adb (adb reboot bootloader) or by powering off the phone, plugging in a USB cable, and powering the phone on holding the search button. Fastboot on this device is a bit misleading because there will be no strong visual ques that it even worked. The power button light will be blue but there will be nothing on the screen. This means it worked.

After this you can administer commands using the normal fastboot syntax, although I have found that you must specify the usb device interface, so your commands will look like this: fastboot -i 0x0fce *command*

Still working on what things can be done here. Chime in if anyone figures anything else out!

Side note: this is my first non-moto device. Is it normal for a device to not have a recovery partition at all??

Droid-Xer
05-27-2011, 05:06 AM
adb reboot recovery >doesn't bring anything up?

Mills00013
05-27-2011, 10:57 AM
adb reboot recovery seems to just make the phone boot normally. I'm having a hard time finding anything related to any of Ericsson's Android devices using a recovery menu though, so it seems like it simply doesn't exist. I figured that was a major part of the software. Weird.

Droid-Xer
05-28-2011, 06:41 AM
Ya Sony did announce all devices would be unlocked unless carriers said otherwise.

GameBoiye
05-28-2011, 08:29 AM
While not an official statement, you can read here:

Verizon Says No (http://phandroid.com/2011/05/27/verizon-support-an-htc-device-with-an-unlocked-bootloader-cannot-be-activated-on-our-network/)

And then read here:

Verizon Says Yes (http://phandroid.com/2011/05/27/all-clear-verizon-will-allow-unlocked-bootloaders-on-their-network/)

Seems that even members of Verizon are unsure at the moment but so far, last response is a yes so that's good for everyone.

experiment626
05-29-2011, 01:26 AM
If HTC is allowed to offer unlocked bootloaders on Verizon I can't see how SE would be denied.

XPlay_3.0
05-29-2011, 10:29 PM
I agree thats bs

Droid-Xer
05-30-2011, 06:52 AM
No company offers unlocked bootloaders. They are unencrypted bootloaders meaning they can easily be hacked and unlocked.

GameBoiye
05-30-2011, 05:38 PM
No company offers unlocked bootloaders. They are unencrypted bootloaders meaning they can easily be hacked and unlocked.

I don't know. Sony said they were going to release unlocked bootloaders that you could download and install at the risk of ruining your warranty.

Droid-Xer
05-31-2011, 06:07 AM
I believe Sony said that for all non US carriers.