PDA

View Full Version : How to root your Verizon Xperia Play

gertman
08-28-2011, 08:39 PM
How to Root the Sony Xperia Play (R800x) for Verizon | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews (http://androidtapp.com/how-to-root-the-sony-xperia-play-r800x-for-verizon/)

Michael Mincey
09-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Good info. Thanks!

beneharris
09-03-2011, 03:15 PM
its way cool they finally got it, but i think i'll wait for the more user friendly versions. especially since there isn't much development being done for it yet, like roms. unless i'm mistaken

hairdewx
09-08-2011, 04:58 PM
its way cool they finally got it, but i think i'll wait for the more user friendly versions. especially since there isn't much development being done for it yet, like roms. unless i'm mistaken

Did you at least get your boot loader unlock code? Those may not be available one day if Verizon decides to block it...

beneharris
09-08-2011, 10:25 PM
good thinking. done

hairdewx
09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
good thinking. done

I hope you got it, Sony has plugged the hole in which we can get our R800x unlock codes...

gertman
09-14-2011, 09:29 PM
What exactly do u mean? How can it be too late? Has an ota update gone out without me knowing?

Thanks in advance

gertman
09-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Never mind. I found and read the post over at the xda forums

hairdewx
09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Never mind. I found and read the post over at the xda forums

Yeah it really sucks...

Glad I unlocked my boot loader right away and rooted.

gertman
09-18-2011, 10:35 PM
For those of u still interested in rooting BUT have come late to the party here is your only option as of right now:

[How-to][Remote Support][Verizon Supported] Bootloader Unlocking for Locked PLAY - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1232050)
I am really think about going this route since I, for some reason, passed on the free option we used to have :( Anyway if I do go through with this I will let everyone know all the details right here.

nitrojuga
10-21-2011, 02:32 AM
For those of u still interested in rooting BUT have come late to the party here is your only option as of right now:

[How-to][Remote Support][Verizon Supported] Bootloader Unlocking for Locked PLAY - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1232050)
I am really think about going this route since I, for some reason, passed on the free option we used to have :( Anyway if I do go through with this I will let everyone know all the details right here.
I actually did this a few days ago. Costs 24 dollars and worth every penny. He uses this program that is sort of remote desktop type thing. You have to remove the sticker under the battery and connect two pins. (paper clip is easiest) to install the fastboot drivers. Did this and flashed cyanogenmod 7.1 on the phone and it's great. Camera is a bit buggy, but for all the other stuff you gain it's worth it. All of my emulators seem to run WAYYY smoother in cyanogen mod than the stock rom.

gertman
12-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I syllable haven't maybe after we get ice cream sandwich