PDA

View Full Version : I'm Rooted Took 5 Minutes

Zombie_Taco
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Just install Superoneclick, enable USB debugging, unmount sd card. Click the root button and wait.

shortfuse.org | Official Home of SuperOneClick! (http://shortfuse.org/)

gertman
03-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Your so lucky!!! I have to pay someone and jump through a few hoops to root my phone!! Thanks Verizon!!!

Zombie_Taco
03-13-2012, 02:21 AM
I have Verizon too.

gertman
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
That's cool!! I forgot u can root without unlocking the boot loader. Can use delete the Verizon bloatware? I know u can't turn the CPU speed up. Thanks for sharing!!!

Zombie_Taco
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah I use titanium backup to remove some of the pre-installed games, I haven't went to crazy. I move things to the SD card when I can, and right now I have 196MB free. I would like to flash a custom kernel to overclock it, and to get this app I found to work, but I don't have an extra 25 bucks right now. Also so I can ICS when it comes out instead of waiting till 2026 with Verizon.

bigemugamer
04-22-2012, 01:05 AM
so whats the problem with having a verison xperia play, i have a verison xperia play, well it says verison on the back cover, but its from rogers, it was an open box... i know, i should have asked them what the deal was with that to, but for the record im with Rogers service, so.... is there a problem with my phone or whats the deal?

BTW in case your wondering in the settings it says it IS an R800A / android version 2.3.4 / kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf / build number 4.0.2.a.0.42

gertman
04-22-2012, 01:32 AM
By "version " I assume you meant Verizon? If you did than no you do not have a Verizon version. It is the R800x. The big deal is that it's not so simple for us to unlock our bootloaders. I think you should be fine. If your interested in Rooting and custom Roms check out the XDA forum.