PDA

View Full Version : Internal Memory Shortage

Pauly
06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Hello all,

I am having an issue with my BOOST Samsung Prevail. It's running out of internal storage, and won't let me move anything to my SD card. There's 150MB used with 11MB free. Is there any way to add memory?

furbearingmammal
06-11-2012, 12:37 AM
There is no way to add memory, but there are things that can be done to free up some of that memory.

First and foremost, in Settings> Applications> Manage applications> All tab> press the menu button and tell it to sort by size. This will tell you what's eating up the most memory. Keep in mind most of what you can do from here on out will have some negative effects.

Give us a list of the top five apps that come up and we'll see what we can do from there. :)

SLAG IT!
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
What FBM suggested. Also, clear cache, clear password, clear cookies, and other things when your on internet.

SavaTage
05-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Hey Slag

Is there anyway we can follow-up on this thread ... For one, I continue to have this problem and for the record, I think it would be informative to understand how to tackle this issue for future troubleshooting.

Tks
SavaTage

tuxedo
05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Hey Slag

Is there anyway we can follow-up on this thread ... For one, I continue to have this problem and for the record, I think it would be informative to understand how to tackle this issue for future troubleshooting.

Tks
SavaTage

Welcome to the forum. Doing the things mentioned, clearing cache and cookies from internet, and in some cases the data certain apps keep can help a lot. For example, I have some news apps that keep way too much data stored on what I have read and I regularly clear data from them without adverse effects. In other apps, clearing data will delete your settings and saved info, so be careful what you delete. In games such as words with friends, you can delete the data, and then just have to log back on without losing any games in progress. Deleting apps you do not use as well as old texts and transferring pictures to computer or sd card are other useful options. Again, welcome to the forum.

CR6
05-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!

tap'n

LOveWerks
12-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum!

tap'n

I use hroark's CM7 MOD in my Samsung Prevail. If you go to Phandroid/Android Forums, go to the CM7 MOD thread for the Prevail, and there's a link there for an SD-EXT kernel for that ROM; off to MediaFire you will go, download that puppy, and if you have a 32 gB class 10 SD card like I do, you can already have the card partitioned (as I did), and the entry-level, lowly Prevail can become a media monster. The only downside to this ROM is that you can't tether; so, have plenty of other ROMs backed up Nandroid, like I do - with all the backups, zip files, files in Download, 100 high kilobit mp3s, mondo apps, I still have 19 gB left on my SD card. I hope this lurker helped someone.