PDA

View Full Version : Help - Email & A Few Application Problems

bernice
06-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi,

I just bought samsung galaxy note. I encounter a few problem:
1. Email: how can i check all email and delete them? As of now, im deleting 1 by 1.
2. Running application: e.g. Im using google map for navigation, how can i set the screen would not auto switch off.
3. How can i add/input 'chinese' in the keyboard. My current language as attached.

http://img.tapatalk.com/6e9ffd94-f442-5617.jpg

Thanks.

furbearingmammal
06-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Try replacing the stock app with K9 Mail from the Play Store.

Check Map's settings to see if there is an option to never go to sleep.

Try this app and see if it allows you to add Chinese fonts to your phone. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hongik.fontomizerSP&feature=search_result If not, try a different keyboard. I believe Swiftkey has Chinese and a very good predictive text engine.

:welcome1: to the forum! I hope this helps!

bernice
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the info.
1. Will try k9 mail from play store
2. Check, there's no 'never go to sleep'
I even try to figure it out in phone setting.
3. Prefer 'qwerty' keyboard if possible. Will try the app you intro. Thanks ^^

CoolDroid
06-22-2012, 12:53 AM
If you need to adjust screen on/of go to settings>display and adjust screen timeout. I think "Tasker" Androis app has an option but not sure.

Sent from Tapatalk 2

furbearingmammal
06-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Swiftkey is QWERTY. It has a free version to try, I believe, to see if it's worth the money. Also look into Swiftkey X as it has a more robust predictive text engine.

CoolDroid's suggestion of going into the phone settings and changing the screen timeout delay is valid.

I use Navigation to for turn-by-turn directions, so if the screen goes off it is not a problem for me.

CoolDroid
06-22-2012, 03:42 AM
If you need to adjust screen on/of go to settings>display and adjust screen timeout. I think "Tasker" Androis app has an option but not sure.

Sent from Tapatalk 2

Now I can say tasker app, has an option to set special screen timeout interval, when you run selected app.

Sent from Taptalk.