PDA

View Full Version : Virus Question

BBJ22
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
If I went on malicious sites on my browser that I diodnt know would a virus checker find anything or does that just scan apps, anyway could get on phone and evade anti virus software? My phone keeps stutters when I play games

CoolDroid
06-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Antivirus apps scan methods are different from app to app. I use lookout free version, it only scan apps, not scan downloaded files, but it scan apps after the installed. Also there's a option for scan app' apk, before install.
Webroot has an option to scan SD and had ability to detect Windows pc malware on SD. Avast also can scan SD. I think, android malware based on apk. So if there's is any malware, these app can detect. If you're not download app other than plystore, you need not worry.

Sent from Taptalk. Please excuse my brevity.

SLAG IT!
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
The stuttering on your device while playing game is probably the device having insufficient memory. Now that DOESN'T mean the device stinks or you need a new one, it just means it needs a little housekeeping. Try clearing cache, passwords, form data, and everything else using memory. These are the reasons for insufficient memory.

furbearingmammal
06-23-2012, 12:40 PM
There are no viruses on Android that spread without direct human interaction. Even if there was one, you would need blind root access for it to infect your device.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

RobKort
06-23-2012, 12:40 PM
To be honest there has never been a case of an Android device having a virus of any kind. Most viruses are built for windows and even if you were on a website that had such virus I highly doubt you will get it since the operational systems are so different from each other. I recommend just using one anti virus application which is more than enough or you will ever need. Lookout should be more than sufficient for the task.

-end of line-

BBJ22
06-23-2012, 03:21 PM
thanks regarding more memory I have an anti virus software which also manages and tell me how much memory is available , it tells me I have 15 autoboot apps and 34 running apps, How do I find out which are running and which I can stop. Is the only way to stop them by deleting them? task manager tells me nothing is running

ty

RobKort
06-23-2012, 03:33 PM
You really don't need to stop any proceed on Android. The system was designed to run all the time, and when it does need more resources it will automatically shut down the one that are not needed. The problem lies with applications that have adds emended on them. This applications are the cause of system stutter or lag which come from many free apps that support them. A quick fix for this issue is to install Lookout Ad Network Detector and run it. Anything that comes up except for the last two categories which are common uninstall and see how that works for you. The application is very easy to use and straightforward so give it a shot.

-end of line-

furbearingmammal
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
That antivirus app is causing some of the lag/stutter you're talking about, believe it or not. They're resource hogs. :)