PDA

View Full Version : Output Netflix to TV

duck__boy
07-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to output Nerflix from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 (or HTC Sensation) to my TV. Preferably, Wi-Fi would be the best way to do this, but I can see no obvious option - am I missing something? If that is not possible, how about via the HDMI port? I don't want to rush out and buy a cable without knowing for sure that it will work.

Thank.

SLAG IT!
07-24-2012, 10:58 PM
That's the way I've seen it work.

furbearingmammal
07-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm assuming my associate here means HDMI-out would be the only way to do it, unless your TV has Netflix and WiFi already built in... In which case you wouldn't need to stream from your tablet in the first place. :)

SLAG IT!
07-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes I mean get the HDMI cable.

duck__boy
07-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Sadly no Netflix on my 3 month old not-so Smart TV (that the sales man assured me had Netflix on it, only for it to not, and for Samsung to tell me it never will!).

Will give the HDMI cable a bash then, many thanks for the replies.

furbearingmammal
07-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Quite welcome. Make sure you get a compatible adapter if the tablet needs one! :) Samsung keeps changing their standard adapter plug for various reasons.

Oh, and don't you just love salesmen and their "say anything to get the sale" tactics? My mother's phone doesn't even have Bluetooth and we were assured it was without seeing a paper list of the features.

terrywan
11-25-2012, 12:44 AM
only can through HDMI now, but tablet to TV no good feeling, because :1, tablet battery have its life limited(usually is about 1-2year);2. screen is not good, not very clear on tv.
you can deal TV box, that's special for TV, tg-nl17d iptv box, I have this, it's very good!