PDA

View Full Version : Rooting LG L55C

Valhalla
08-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Here's the steps. It works 100% (Note: See terms and conditions in section 6 in ST handbook about tethering).

OK so I'm currently able to use my phone as a hotspot for my Acer tablet. Wasn't hard to do just needed the right drivers and zip files.

Requirements:

-Make sure you have a good charge on your phone. I suggest starting with a full charge. -From the home screen of your phone press Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > check mark "USB debugging". This is necessary to root the phone. -You need to download Android Terminal Emulator from the market (free)

Instructions

1) On your computer, download and install THESE DRIVERS on your PC
2) On your computer, download LG_Esteem_Root.zip.
3) On your computer, make a folder right on your desktop and name it "fun" or anything you want.
4) On your computer, using 7zip, winzip, winrar or whatever tool you want, take the contents out of Lg_Esteem_Root.zip that you downloaded in step 2, and place those contents into your "fun" folder you created in step 3.
5) Plug your USB cable into the computer and then into your phone.
6) Assuming you followed instructions and enabled USB debugging, you should see an icon in your notification status bar on your phone that says "USB Debugging". Pull down notification status bar and select "charge only"
7) Inside of the "fun" folder, double click a file called run.bat ...

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link on where to get the drivers and root zip. If you have issues finding them pm me and I can send you the link.

Sent from my A200 using Android.net

Valhalla
08-09-2012, 07:34 AM
SUGGESTED: Do a factory reset after preforming any root or flash!!! power off the phone then hold down volume down "home key" and power till you see the android system recovery. scroll(using volume keys) to wipe data/factory reset click "menu key"(camera key if using CWM) to select then scroll to yes and select it...

WARNING: THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA SO MAKE BACKUPS OF ANYTHING IMPORTANT TO YOU OR KISS IT GOODBYE! ^_^

hjboy811
09-21-2012, 04:25 PM
You need to download Android Terminal Emulator from the market (free)

Instructions

1) On your computer, download and install THESE DRIVERS on your PC
2) On your computer, download LG_Esteem_Root.zip.
3) On your computer, make a folder right on your desktop and name it "fun" or anything you want.
4) On your computer, using 7zip, winzip, winrar or whatever tool you want, take the contents out of Lg_Esteem_Root.zip that you downloaded in step 2, and place those contents into your "fun" folder you created in step 3.
5) Plug your USB cable into the computer and then into your phone.
6) Assuming you followed instructions and enabled USB debugging, you should see an icon in your notification status bar on your phone that says "USB Debugging". Pull down notification status bar and select "charge only"
7) Inside of the "fun" folder, double click a file called run.bat ...

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link on where to get the drivers and root zip. If you have issues finding them pm me and I can send you the link.

So i'm curious.... where does the terminal emulator come in ???? i see no reference except you need to download it

Any help appreciated

Valhalla
10-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Good question. Not 100% sure, try doing all the steps without it and find out. :-) then post it on here and tell us what happend.

Sent from my LGL55C using Android.net

dmbolsdboy1
11-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Have tried several times 2 root this phone w/ Esteem root to no avail.Always comes up 'access (or permission) denied when it tries 2 create the files 4 Superuser,etc.Any suggestions ? Has SuperOneClick been tried w/ this phone yet ???

Sent from my LGL75C using Android.net

Valhalla
11-07-2012, 02:39 AM
It worked just fine for me. You do have everything setup on your pc before you plug your phone in? Perhaps it could be the site you got the zip file. I still have the one I used. If you like you can pm me your email and I can send it to you. That might fix the problem.

dmbolsdboy1
11-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Everythin's set to what all I've read on the subject.

Sent from my LGL75C using Android.net

dmbolsdboy1
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
It worked just fine for me. You do have everything setup on your pc before you plug your phone in? Perhaps it could be the site you got the zip file. I still have the one I used. If you like you can pm me your email and I can send it to you. That might fix the problem.

Email is dmbolsdboy1@gmail.com

Valhalla
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Ok I sent you the zip file. Hope it works for you. If not there's gotta be somekind of step your not doing. Just saying. Otherwise go to xda developers

dmbolsdboy1
11-08-2012, 10:17 PM
checked my email.Nothin there.Not sure if gmail accepts exe. file extensions ?

Valhalla
11-08-2012, 10:49 PM
checked my email.Nothin there.Not sure if gmail accepts exe. file extensions ?

Okay yea I don't think it will. Ill have to send it to you when I get on my computer.

dmbolsdboy1
11-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Got Ur email,but no included file.

dmbolsdboy1
11-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Tried Superoneclick 4 Esteem 2day.Still won't write neccessary files for Superuser etc. Always says phone is rooted,but Rootchecker says no.Permission is always denied when it (and LG Esteem root.zip) tries 2 write files.Maybe write w/ Terminal Eminator somehow ???

Valhalla
11-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Okay did you reformat your phone? There could be an app or somthing causeing it from working. This is why its recommended to format. Also you can download superuser from the google playstore. Perhaps switching the superuser and or updateing it might fix the issue. Also get SuperSU from the play store. (I've been working a lot so I won't be in front of a pc for a while to send the zip file I have)

0ldtymer
11-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Ok hopefully u guys can help me out with this...I used adb to root my phone and everything worked perfect until i decided to factory reset because of a quick panic. Anyway ever since I did that I've lost all use of my rooted apps although superuser is still installed.Also it's freezing or rather lagging extremely bad.I've tried multiple factory resets with no avail.Can someone please help me out with this one!

0ldtymer
11-23-2012, 06:17 PM
bump...is there a sticky for this kind of thing

UltraDroid
11-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

imlost29
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I am having some problems trying to get the info I need to download to my computer to get this to work. I clicked on your links, but an ad pops up and that is what opens in the window. I can't seem to actually get to the drivers or the zip file that I need to download. Is there a way someone could please help me with this matter so that I am able to root my LG Optimus Q? I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you

samjonah9
12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
I have tried rooting my LG Marquee but it also uses the LG Esteem root file I'm guessing....it didn't work for me....so I have to format my whole phone to do it right?

woodslasher
11-24-2013, 09:57 AM
All I get is daemon not started and then daemon started sucessfully nothing else all is done per instructions

jrasnic
03-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Understand the rest.