PDA

View Full Version : Nexus S

vgx2
09-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Hope someone can help me. I have a Samsung Nexus S & all of a sudden I am getting this message......'Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped' I cannot type in any way on my phone now & getting really annoying Have removed battery & sim to see if it helped & sadly it didn't
Hope someone can help me :android-sad:

cali
09-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the site. Hope you can get help with this soon.

CR6
09-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the forum! Have you tried an alternate keyboard by chance to see if you get the same error?

tap'n

vgx2
09-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I have tried to set under a different language but no good, I have tried to go into advanced settings & it wont allow me access.....& anything that requires typing, no good as no keyboard.....any other advice? Thank you

CR6
09-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Have you tried to go into settings, language & input, click on default, select input method, than change the option to another selection?
Also, I assume you've already tried rebooting your phone, or a battery pull for a few minutes, etc?
If none of these help, you may need to do a factory reset. (just make sure you back up all your contacts, sms messages, apps, etc..as this will wipe everything and you'll be starting fresh) used as a last resort, but fixes 99% of issues like this.

tap'n

vgx2
09-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Thank you
Have reset phone & so far seems ok, except got to get used to it again.
Thanks again :android-dance: