PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Group Text

sh8zen
10-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi,
My wife has a Samsung S2 on AT&T and were not sure if it has a certain group text functionality or not. The rest of us family members have other types of smart phones (iphones & my WP7) and if any of the rest of us create a group text and include all the family members (including my wife on her S2) and we all start contributing to the conversation, we all see and read everybody's posts by scrolling up or down the same screen. Which is very convenient.

But on my wife's S2, she sees it as individual texting conversations with each person (not a group). So the first post that one of us made that started the group text is on her S2 as a text just from that person only and if she were to respond, only that person would see her post rather than the whole group.

Is there a setting that needs to be set to get her phone to work like the rest of ours or an app that would help us out?

Thank you.

CR6
10-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum! I'm not too familiar with the stock messaging app, but you should try GoSMS Pro or Handcent, both free in the play store, and both significantly better than the stock messaging app. I haven't used the stock messaging app in over 2 years, GoSMS works so well. Handcent is amazing also & both do group messaging really well.
Good luck!

tap'n

sh8zen
10-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give those apps a try.