PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Phone, Home Key Not Working!

yapity
12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Half-way through setting up my brand new Samsung Galaxy SII X (the x is important, it's different from the normal SII), and I realize my home button does nothing. I'm getting the haptic feedback, but nothing happens when i press it. Upon checking, I've found the search button doesn't work either, however the back button and... list button? settings button? whatever, both work. This is actually my first smartphone and first android but I'm otherwise pretty computer savvy and so thought i'd be able to figure out why they're not working. No luck. I just finished transferring like 6+ gb of music and photos onto my phone as well as downloaded a ton of apps, I'd rather not reset to factory settings until I know there's no other way to fix it. One other thing, I can't seem to get the thing to lock. I changed the security setting to set up a pattern to unlock it and set it to automatically lock immediately after sleep, and yet I haven't seen the lock screen once in the 3 hours that i've had the thing.

UltraDroid
12-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Hello Yapity - and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not at all familiar with your phone - the Samsung Galaxy SII X, so can you tell me the exact model number of it? Also, who is your carrier and what country are you located in? Sounds like a lot I know, but that will help our Rescue Squad guys diagnose what's going on with your phone.

yapity
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm in Canada and my carrier is Koodo. Model SGH-T989D. I've already tried turning it off and on and taking out the battery and putting it back in. Is there possibly some way to apply an update? I can't seem to find any under settings

UltraDroid
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Take a look at this -

http://www.telusmobility.com/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_D60C4CD5ADCA64F78BE09599AC75882D6D459F00/filename/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II_X_User_Guide.pdf

- which is the user guide. Other than that, hold on until a Rescue Squad guy can get over here to give you a hand.

cali
12-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the site. Unless someone provides a working answer, think you might be best off returning the phone.

yapity
12-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the guide. Guess what happened, I was just about to give up after reading through the user guide with no luck. I was going to do a factory reset and then I got a call from my dad (apparently it was an accident) and suddenly after I hung up everything was working. Bizarre. hopefully it won't happen again or I will have to do a reset.