PDA

View Full Version : Note Will Not Shut Off When Charging

Hopeless
12-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi All

New here do direct me if breaking with any protocol.
Have a SGH-1717r note and it will not turn off or stay off once I plug it in to charge it. Had this happen once before but cannot recall what I did to fix it. Was a reset of some kind.Any step by step instructions would be great help. Thanks.

UltraDroid
12-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Hi Hopeless - welcome to the forum! :)

Astrix
12-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Go to setting - developer options - uncheck Stay awake

Hopeless
12-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Go to setting - developer options - uncheck Stay awake

Hi and thanks for your responce. I do not have stay awake as an option. Any other ideas?
Thanks

cali
12-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the site.

RobKort
12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Check your display time out settings. Welcome aboard.:)

.........TPT'd From my SGS3

CR6
12-31-2012, 10:25 PM
There's also an option that you'll have to go into system settings to disable where you have it set to stay on while charging.
Turn that off and you're good to go! :)
Welcome aboard!

tap'n

Hopeless
01-02-2013, 01:29 PM
There's also an option that you'll have to go into system settings to disable where you have it set to stay on while charging.
Turn that off and you're good to go! :)
Welcome aboard!

tap'nHi again.
No go. I should add that I am on the Rogers network, also if the phone is turned of as soon as I plug it into the charger it turns it self on. Before I did the update when I lpugged it in just a chargeing battery icon came on breifly then went out.

UltraDroid
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
My OG Droid (a Motorola phone) used to do that. No biggie - I mean, it wasn't a problem. Does it cause problems for you?

RobKort
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
You might want to try a factory reset then. It might be a bug due to the upgrade.

...... TPT'd from my A500

Hopeless
01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
My OG Droid (a Motorola phone) used to do that. No biggie - I mean, it wasn't a problem. Does it cause problems for you?

Hi I guess it's a bit of a pain for me because when it is the charger the screen is on taking up power and I at times want a quick chargeing while on the road. The gps takes up alot of power and so I will pull over for a coffee and want quick power top. I think I did a factory reset but not sure what I am losing or gaining with this issue. Thanks

UltraDroid
01-02-2013, 06:18 PM
My point of "no biggie" was the plugging in of the charger caused the phone to wake up. All you need to do is turn the screen off, while it's charging and it won't be a big drag on the battery - Also, try turning the GPS off while the phone is charging.

RobKort
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I will try the factory reset followed by a call to the manufacturer if it doesn't work.

.........TPT'd From my SGS3