PDA

View Full Version : Can't Delete Email Accounts!?

MFinch
01-15-2013, 10:06 AM
I am having problems with the stock email app. It was working fine, got a replacement device, now the new device isn't working with my yahoo or MSN account. With ICS, it gave an "invalid credentials" message when I know they were right. I have JB now, and they still don't work. I frequently get an unable to sync notification. And I am unable to delete these accounts. Any one have any ideas?

Motorola RAZR maxx running jelly bean

cali
01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the site. Hope someone is able to offer help.

Frederuco
01-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Can you go to Settings - Accounts - tap on an account - menu key button (top right) - Remove Account

That has worked for me on any accounts I had on a device.

MFinch
01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
No, that doesn't work. None of the normal things have worked. I saw somewhere that someone suggested to go to manage apps, email, clear data. But that button never came active. Just clear cache, which didn't help.

Frederuco
01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Well, my next suggestion is not a good one....

Factory Reset (wipe the device).

Hopefully someone will come along and have another solution that will work before it comes to that.

MFinch
01-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Ouch... I hope so, too. I would like to not go that route if possible. Thank you for the suggestions, thou.

UltraDroid
01-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

MFinch
01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Update!

Randomly went back to manage apps and selected email. The clear data option was available this time (it hadn't been previously). Cleared it, so now I don't have any more "sync error" notifications all the time. Been using each of my email accounts own separate app. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Frederuco
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the update!