PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Ace GT-S5830i Improve Internal memory

brunettedimbo
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi, apologies if you have seen this thread before but, does anyone in the community know how i can improve the internal memory of the Samsung Ace. I have only had this phone for 5 months and already i receive Error messages saying that i do not have enough memory for updates. Should i be so lucky to receive a reply, could you please use layman`s terminology as i am not very techno inclined. Many thanks. :o

Tears_for_Fears
02-25-2013, 12:48 PM
If you're not an advanced user, the best thing you can do is install apps to SD card instead of the internal memory.

It is possible to squeeze more space in the internal memory, but that requires knowledge of rooting, custom ROMs, kernels etc.

Also, welcome to the forum! :)

UltraDroid
02-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

brunettedimbo
02-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi Tears_for_fears,
Many thanks for your quick reply to my question about improving the memory on my Samsung Ace phone. Can you recommend a self-explanatory and easy to use App to SD Card. Many thanks,again. :o

brunettedimbo
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the 'Welcome' UltraDroid - any information on memory increase for Samsung Ace would be most appreciated. This is my first Android phone, thought i'd better catch up with the rest of the population !!! Was hoping this was going to be easy, but then i was also hoping to find an App that would fix me a G&T - i can dream !!!
Many thanks. :o

dkj
05-22-2013, 12:16 PM
can u plz tell me how to improve the internal memory of samsung galaxy ace GT-s5830i...???

dkj
05-22-2013, 12:22 PM
can u plz tell me how to improve the internal memory of galaxy ace GT-s5830i...?

Woolfold
06-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Hello everyone. I am Woolfold and new to the forum. It looks good!

So, on the current thread, Google have stopped the Ace from allowing Apps to run from SD, I believe. Is this true, and if so, is there a work-around? I am sure some crafty scripter has come up with a solution! Thanks.

Woolfold
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Doh! I just answered my own question (with the help of my 8 year-old GGdaughter). Some games and apps install to SD, some you can move.

Thanks for looking, Folks

limikey
09-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi, I hope you resolved the issue, if you had any problems do a search on ebay for S5830 memory fix, there is a guy that provides a better solution for all versions of the Ace.

Regards