PDA

View Full Version : Reset Nexus One to Factory Settings

Admin
01-08-2010, 08:43 PM
How To Reset your Nexus One to Factory Settings

Turn the phone off. If itís frozen in the on state, pull the battery.
Press and hold both the Home and Back buttons simultaneously.
While continuing to hold the buttons, press the Power button.
Release Home and Back.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the hard reset.

blakmaj1k
01-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Alternate way is:

1. Go to Settings
2. Privacy
3. Factory data reset

MaaMraa
03-25-2010, 01:20 PM
salam guys

what happens if I rooted my n1 and install roms and a lot of things, am i gona still have the ability to restore it to its factory set..?

TechieNewsMongral
03-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Release Home and Back.

Uh... by means that is the way to hard reset G1 and My touch, the hard button reset on the Nexus One is actually different. It is done by :

Hard resetting the Nexus One with the Hard button factory data reset. (volume down and power button)
The device must be powered OFF to perform this reset. If the device is on, turn it off. (If the device is not responsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and re-insert it.)
While holding down the volume button on the side of the N1, press the power button briefly while maintaining the volume button pressed in for around 5-10 seconds.
You should be presented with a menu that allows for: Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock. You can release the volume button at this time.
Select Clear storage with the volume button up and down, then press and release the power button to make the selection.
It will ask you to confirm this decision. Press the yes button using the volume up

TechieNewsMongral
03-27-2010, 02:53 PM
salam guys

what happens if I rooted my n1 and install roms and a lot of things, am i gona still have the ability to restore it to its factory set..?

If you have the backup You can re-flash your Nexus.. Otherwise no, it will reset to current ROM on it.

ra990
03-27-2010, 08:05 PM

Release Home and Back.

This is wrong. It does not work. You have to hold the Volume down and Power buttons to hard reset. Holding the home and back soft buttons don't do anything.

TechieNewsMongral
03-28-2010, 01:28 PM

Release Home and Back.

Uh... by means that is the way to hard reset G1 and My touch, the hard button reset on the Nexus One is actually different. It is done by :

Hard resetting the Nexus One with the Hard button factory data reset. (volume down and power button)
The device must be powered OFF to perform this reset. If the device is on, turn it off. (If the device is not responsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and re-insert it.)
While holding down the volume button on the side of the N1, press the power button briefly while maintaining the volume button pressed in for around 5-10 seconds.
You should be presented with a menu that allows for: Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock. You can release the volume button at this time.
Select Clear storage with the volume button up and down, then press and release the power button to make the selection.
It will ask you to confirm this decision. Press the yes button using the volume up

Hence my previous post ;)

MaaMraa
03-28-2010, 04:22 PM
salam guys

If you have the backup You can re-flash your Nexus.. Otherwise no, it will reset to current ROM on it.

thanks for reply bro

so you mean once i root my N1, i'll lose the default factory when its been shipped from google huh...! :think:

no worries :) hell yah im gona root my N1 :FIREdevil:

algiealdhian
04-15-2010, 08:12 AM
does resetting our n1 clear our sd card too? what files should i backup before reset my n1?

aoviking
04-15-2010, 08:23 AM
It looks like I may need to do a reset to get the N1 to be the first mail application. If it is totally reset will I lose:

1. Music on SD card
2. Paid installed applications
3. Google apps like Gvoice
4. Pictures

Should I buy a backup app first? What does that back up for me?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bishop6
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
does resetting our n1 clear our sd card too? what files should i backup before reset my n1?

Factory reset will erase all data on the Nexus; not the SDcard...

This includes contacts, sms & mms messages, market apps installed after setting up the phone, etc.

The data on the SDcard will not be affected, however I personally would back up everything on the SDcard (nothing man made is perfect) and what ever is important to you, on the Nexus.

Bishop6
04-15-2010, 03:12 PM
It looks like I may need to do a reset to get the N1 to be the first mail application. If it is totally reset will I lose:

1. Music on SD card
4. Pictures

1) No
2) Yes, unless it's installed on the SDcard
3) No, however... See previous post
4) Yes

bobbyphoenix
04-16-2010, 10:26 AM

1. Music on SD card
4. Pictures

1) No
2) Yes, unless it's installed on the SDcard
3) No, however... See previous post
4) Yes

If you selected "Enable back-up" when you first turned on the phone when you bought it you will NOT lose any data OR apps (paid or free). You can do a factory reset, and when you sign back in with your same gmail account, ALL previous data and apps will download. Once again you will NOT lose any data OR apps.

artcarney
07-02-2010, 11:00 AM
salam guys

... also, I believe if you've unlocked your bootloader it will remain unlocked and thus your warranty is void.

aseems
07-08-2010, 05:50 AM

Release Home and Back.

Thank you!

Could someone explain these terms please?

1> Fastboot
2> Recovery
3> Clear Storage
4> Simlock

What do they do?
Thanks!

rugmankc
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
They are mainly for rooted users. Since you are not rooted, most won't really apply. But you can can google them.

Ken

aseems
07-12-2010, 12:31 AM
They are mainly for rooted users. Since you are not rooted, most won't really apply. But you can can google them.

Ken

Thank you for clarifying that this won't work for me Ken

as usual, before submitting a query i had asked Google

i probably did not query correctly on this and got very complex results/responses (as expected for rooted users), that went waaaaaay over my head!

Thank you once again

chylife
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
You don't lose anything on your SD card such as musics and pictures, also
Google Voice is a pre-installed on your rom, so you don't lose it as well.

for "2. Paid installed applications", you will find it on the download section of the market even after you do the hard reset.

1. Music on SD card
4. Pictures

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello,
I N1 with HDdesirerom on it.

below is my screen as I am not much sure about radio or version of ROM etc.

*** UNLOCKED ***
NEXUSONE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.33.0012
MICROP-0B15
TOUCH PANNEL-SYNT0103
RADIO-5.08.00.04
DEC 17 2009, 13:05:23

HBOOT
<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

I followed the below-

3> Clear Storage - cleared it

No nothing is coming on screen and even i can not restart the phone. as I dont have access to phone, could you please help me if I have to connect phone to PC and restart it.

Please help me to resolve the issue. I did lot of google but did not get good response.

Thanks
Arvind

rugmankc
11-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Before doing or reading below staements what screen are you seeing:

What you posted:

HBOOT
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

Or a black screen?

Was your phone working well on the rom?

Do you have a nandroid backup?

Always back up your sdcard to your PC and Nandroid backup before flashing anything.

On restarting, what did you do before this happened, install any apps etc.

Try this, 3 finger salute--Hold down pwr/vol-(down)/trackball at same time until phone reboots into fastboot screen. Press vol- to hightlite recovery. Press pwr button to select recovery. The select reboot system.

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Before doing or reading below staements what screen are you seeing:

What you posted:

HBOOT
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

Or a black screen?

Was your phone working well on the rom?

Do you have a nandroid backup?

Always back up your sdcard to your PC and Nandroid backup before flashing anything.

On restarting, what did you do before this happened, install any apps etc.

Try this, 3 finger salute--Hold down pwr/vol-(down)/trackball at same time until phone reboots into fastboot screen. Press vol- to hightlite recovery. Press pwr button to select recovery. The select reboot system.

Very brief - I took this phone on ebay and not much familiar with taking backing up etc. As per seller I tried to to do factory reset as It was not working properly.

I tried now all the three options-
FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE

But problem is that, after doing all i get back screen "htc" written on it and nothing comes after that.

please help, thanks for quick reply.

rugmankc
11-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I am not real good at this and someone else will chime in.

But, when you do the 3 finger salute I mentioned and you highlite and select recovery does it boot into recovery screen with the option to reboot system now/install zip from sdcard etc?

Where did you (what screen) do factory reset from?

Assuming phone works and you did not get taken, you need to get a rom back on phone somehow.

If you bought bad phone--caveat emptor!

People here will help, just give them time.

Are you familiar with the terminology we use on flashing roms and doing nandorids (backups thru recovery). If not it may take awhile and you may want to review some stickies on flashing roms.

Ken

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I am not real good at this and someone else will chime in.

But, when you do the 3 finger salute I mentioned and you highlite and select recovery does it boot into recovery screen with the option to reboot system now/install zip from sdcard etc?

Where did you (what screen) do factory reset from?

Assuming phone works and you did not get taken, you need to get a rom back on phone somehow.

If you bought bad phone--caveat emptor!

People here will help, just give them time.

Are you familiar with the terminology we use on flashing roms and doing nandorids (backups thru recovery). If not it may take awhile and you may want to review some stickies on flashing roms.

Ken

I got some info from attched vedio YouTube - Running the HTC Desire ROM on the Google Nexus One and I followed the same. But the problem after indtalling the rom from sdcard and wiping the data, as per vedio I restarted the phone without memory card and that time i got only nexus one logo and I waited for around 20 minutes or more. Then i inserted the sdcard and restrated again i now I got HTC screen also but that screen is not going and I am not able to restart the phone.

Please help me let me know what could be the possible cause.

I am not familiar with flashing roms and doing nandorids (backups thru recovery).

rugmankc
11-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I have to call it a nite, others will be helping soon or tomorrow, depends on everyone's time zone.

If you get it working back up sdcard to pc. Make sure you mount and unmount correctly thru usb cable. You have to close pc window showing sdcard and click on the device icon in system tray at bottom of pc screen to get ok to umount on two items before unplugging phone. You video fine is a good start. There is a lot of info out there and confusing. I spent dozens and dozens of hours researching before I did anything.

We still don't know if you bought a good phone. Did it work until you did something.

Can you not do the the 3 finger salute I mentioned and get to the screen in the video with the 3 green androids at the bottom. You got to get there and get into recovery as it shows on video and I described. If you can do that you may need to download a rom to your pc and copy to root of phone sdcard so you can install it thru recovery. Recovery will be a green screen with reboot and install choices like the video should show.

I think you may have a blank sdcard. And you may not have a recovery image on phone, hence no longer rooted. If so, you will need to install the foryo 2.2 rom and start over on rooting. I am not sure on all though.

First we need to get you into the green recovery screen and see if you can mount sdcard from there. It is a "usb toggle" choice. If the card is blank it may need reformatted before putting anything on it. A good app for that is sdformatter from the web.

If you can't get into recovery phone may be shot.

Don't give up and lets see what others say.

danger-rat
11-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Not really sure what the 3 finger whatever is...

There are 3 ways to boot your phone:
1 - Normal; just power up and it should boot into the ROM. This doesn't appear to be working on your phone. We need to fix...

2 - Boot into Bootloader (hboot); to do this, you start with phone powered down, then press and hold volume down, then power (still holding volume down). After a few seconds, you can release power then volume down. This will give the following menu:
FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK

3 - Boot into Fastboot; to do this, you start with phone powered down, then press and hold trackball, then power (still holding trackball). After a few seconds, you can release power then trackball. This will give the following menu:
BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

You can toggle between Bootloader and Fastboot by the first selection in each menu. You can select Recovery from the Bootloader.

Since you can't select Recovery, you don't have a lot of options (no adb access).
If your Bootloader is unlocked, you can use Fastboot from your PC to flash new images, but I suspect that isn't the case...

My recommendation would be to try and flash a stock image, and then start all over again. If you have a working backup, you can re-root and restore your backup later...

Read here:
Nexus One/Guides & Tutorials - XDA-Developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nexus_One/Guides_%26_Tutorials#Unroot_.2F_Restore_your_Nexus )

Follow the passimg method...

Hope this helps! :D

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I have to call it a nite, others will be helping soon or tomorrow, depends on everyone's time zone.

If you get it working back up sdcard to pc. Make sure you mount and unmount correctly thru usb cable. You have to close pc window showing sdcard and click on the device icon in system tray at bottom of pc screen to get ok to umount on two items before unplugging phone. You video fine is a good start. There is a lot of info out there and confusing. I spent dozens and dozens of hours researching before I did anything.

We still don't know if you bought a good phone. Did it work until you did something.

Can you not do the the 3 finger salute I mentioned and get to the screen in the video with the 3 green androids at the bottom. You got to get there and get into recovery as it shows on video and I described. If you can do that you may need to download a rom to your pc and copy to root of phone sdcard so you can install it thru recovery. Recovery will be a green screen with reboot and install choices like the video should show.

I think you may have a blank sdcard. And you may not have a recovery image on phone, hence no longer rooted. If so, you will need to install the foryo 2.2 rom and start over on rooting. I am not sure on all though.

First we need to get you into the green recovery screen and see if you can mount sdcard from there. It is a "usb toggle" choice. If the card is blank it may need reformatted before putting anything on it. A good app for that is sdformatter from the web.

Thanks for all your help, I am able to restart the phone now and its working now. But I am not able to use camera or camcorder. Its not working not sure if hardware or software problem.

when I look software information in my cell here is what i could see
andriod version - 2.2
baseband version - 32.41.00.32US.08.00.04
Kernel version - 2.6.35.6-eViL--10/10--1
deep@deep-desktop #60
Sun Oct 10 11:05:16 PDT 2010
Bild Number - 1.28.405 CL266215 release key
Software Number eViL's NXSense HD v.0.08
Browser version webkit 3.1

My primary intention is to test wether my camera is working or not as I have purchased this phone over ebay two days back.

sliceburgslim
11-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Thanks for all your help, I am able to restart the phone now and its working now. But I am not able to use camera or camcorder. Its not working not sure if hardware or software problem.

andriod version - 2.2
deep@deep-desktop #60

My primary intention is to test wether my camera is working or not as I have purchased this phone over ebay two days back.

It could just be your ROM or a Kernel thats not Compatible with the Cam.

You could try flashing a New Rom to see if the Camera works.

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM

andriod version - 2.2
deep@deep-desktop #60

while looking at my ROM details can you tell whether camera works on it or not. is there any other way to test camera other than installing new ROM(as I am new to it and dont want to take risk agian). Is there any other way other than new ROM please help me.

rugmankc
11-10-2010, 11:16 PM
arvindkumarbhardwaj,

You are on right track by following these threads and googling issues and terminology or asking here, or by starting your own thread, you will get the hang of this rom stuff. One step at a time.

Glad the phone works, what did you exactly do to fix it.

You have eVil's rom, a desire rom, albeit older, radio is older too, I think. It may be a for the Korean 5.08 radio, but can't remember where I saw the US with it. No big deal at the moment.

Couple questions:

1. Can you go to menu, settings, sd and phone storage, and see if your sd card is recognized and what numbers are there.

2. Can you list all apps by going to settings, apps, manage apps (while there make sure unknown sources box is checked), all, and see if you have Superuser,Titanium backup, and Rom Manager. Super user will let us know you are still rooted. Titanium and Rom Mgr will allow backups.

3. Can you boot into recovery like we talked about. Or if things are working you could just turn phone off and hold down vol- and pwr at same time till it boots into recovery.

If can get to the recovery screen and find backup and restore you could make a backup then you can always restore it until you get more updated.

Also, while on recovery screen you can see either at top or bottom of screen what the name of the recovery image you have is; Amon Ra 1.7.0.1? or 2.5.0.1? which is rom mgr.

If you have Titanium you can open it, tap on problems and tap on Yes, do it. Busy box will be installed. then when back at main screen menu, refresh apps list. Then from main screen tap on backup and restore at top and find camera and camcorder. Tap on each one and select restore. Before you do that though maybe swipe menu and tap on batch and tap on backup all apps and user data.

The two apps camera and camcorder are found on desire roms unlike just one icon for both on froyo based roms.

In doing some reading on eVil's thread, camera and camcorder problems may be inherent in that rom.

A place to start reading, covers recovery images and flashing roms. ADB/SDK has to do with doing things from a windows command prompt. If you see Terminal Emualtor it is a program from the market that allows you flash radios and recoveries from the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:Nexus_One.png

This is the thread on XDA Forums for eVil's HD roms. Yours spawned from here. You can register and post there too for help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=791151

Ken

rugmankc
11-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Camera and Camcorder definitely don't work on these HD roms. You will need to learn how to upadate roms and radios or go back to basic froyo unrooted.

If you like desire look I use Micro Mod 2.10:

[ROM]MM's v2.10 Desire SuperHybrid (Wifi-Calln, Media-Share, RedStar Kernel) 11/9/10 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=784260)

Your radio is definitely very old. Needs updated to update roms. We need to know what recovery you have.

Ken

danger-rat
11-11-2010, 05:33 AM
I would hold off on the radio...

The radio is the Korean one...
US.08 is probably a typo for U_5.08

I would get comfortable flashing ROMs before moving on to radios. If you screw up the radio, you can kiss your phone goodbye...

Recovery will not be effecting the camera...

Like Slim said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, however, there are few easy things to try first...

Try each of these separately (not all at once):
1 - from home screen, select Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications. Select the All tab, find the camera and video can apps and wipe all data (and cache if there is any).
2 - try extracting a another copy of the cameras from the same version of the ROM (extract the ROM zip, and find the apk). Don't use the newer ROM, since it already lists camera and video recording as WIP (work in progress).
3 - DL a different camera from the market, and give it a try...

Like I said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, but these are easy enough to try first, then move on to ROMs (most come pre-packaged with the kernel).

If you're not comfortable flashing ROMs, you can try ROM Manager from the market...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

danger-rat
11-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Having read a bit more on Evil's HD ROM, I would definitely say it's the ROM/kernel.
Your version of the ROM is .08
Current version is .09 (released 10/29)
Current version says camera and video recording are WIP.

I find it hard to believe that it was working great in .08, but somehow doesn't work in .09
My guess is that the camera in this ROM has never been fully functional...

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 09:08 AM
I would hold off on the radio...

The radio is the Korean one...
US.08 is probably a typo for U_5.08

I would get comfortable flashing ROMs before moving on to radios. If you screw up the radio, you can kiss your phone goodbye...

Recovery will not be effecting the camera...

Like Slim said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, however, there are few easy things to try first...

Try each of these separately (not all at once):
1 - from home screen, select Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications. Select the All tab, find the camera and video can apps and wipe all data (and cache if there is any).
2 - try extracting a another copy of the cameras from the same version of the ROM (extract the ROM zip, and find the apk). Don't use the newer ROM, since it already lists camera and video recording as WIP (work in progress).
3 - DL a different camera from the market, and give it a try...

Like I said, it's probably the ROM or kernel, but these are easy enough to try first, then move on to ROMs (most come pre-packaged with the kernel).

If you're not comfortable flashing ROMs, you can try ROM Manager from the market...

Thanks danger-rat

Found the right link for the radio. Think someone back then maybe even me had the S in there. Radio should be good to go, just getting a good rom, kernal if you want to proceed.

[RADIO] New N1 Radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723839)

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 09:21 AM
from eVil's op page camera and camcorder are still WIP

I guess the HD roms have this issue

Options:

Move ahead with new rom, kernal

Or flash back to stock

Either way you have to flash and learn it or keep what you got

Return phone if possible

Let us know

Good Luck

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-11-2010, 06:07 PM

andriod version - 2.2
deep@deep-desktop #60

could you suggest me any latest ROM which support camera function also. please provide me link, should have everything ROM,radio, etc so would be easy for me to donload and flash new ROM.

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 06:50 PM
This is what I am using with zero problems:

[ROM]MM's v2.10 Desire SuperHybrid (Wifi-Calln, Media-Share, RedStar Kernel) 11/9/10 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=784260)

Has a separate camera and camcorder

It is desire based with all the nice widgets they use

It will give you a new kernal. You can change wallpaper if you want. I like the Black Splash

If you actually have the 5.08 Korean radio it should be fine

Read the OP page fully and carefully all instructions are there. I also scan the last 30 pages or so of any new rom for the latest info and issues

This is MicroMod's and he is very helpful, plus several of us monitor this rom thread

You haven't said, but assume you can now get into recovery to do a backup first and know the procedure to install a new rom. And, also can navigate within the recovery screens. The pwr button after you leave the first screen is your back button. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Again you need Titanium Backup from Market and know how to use. What recovery do you have?

Essential management programs from Market in addition to TB are Linda Manager where you can access sdcard and change backup names and delete backups. Quick System shows all info including sd ext3 if you have one. You could install that first and see if it shows. If no sd ext these roms will suck up memory. If app supports it you can move each thru the phones manage apps option. If you have Rom Manager it allows you to make an sd ext. Don't install stuff from rom manager, boot into recovery first. If issues there is a fix permissions in rom mgr and in recovery. Under rom mgr, menu, settings make sure Advanced is selected.

Guess you also know how to dl from op page to pc and copy rom to sd card.

I would as recommended wipe everything twice: Data, all caches including dalvik, and battery. Two are on first recovery screen and two on the Advanced screen you get to from from first screen. After you flash rom sign in to google if you use and have a connection. Easier at first if you have wifi at home, sometimes I did not get my 3G connection because rom wiped APN settings. I use APN Backup from market and restore if that happens or you have to do manually.

Once you have done that reboot to set system memory and move apps to sdcard if you have ext.

I then go back to TB and refresh and "restore missing apps with data"

Some you may have to do manually. Some of gapps apps may need dl'd form Market like Calendar and Gmail etc.

You could also bu sd card to pc first also. This is all about precautions and preparation.

TB actually shows internal memory and sdcard and ext memory, see what that says. If you don't have an ext do one thru rom mgr. It is available thru Market and has some necessary steps to do during install setup. Like the Advanced I mentioned and Fix Permissions and selecting Flash Clockworkmod recovery before proceeding with rom install to see if it recognizes phone and clockwork recovery is activated.

I would backup your sdcard to pc and do a phone backup thru recovery and do a TB backup first.

Sorry about all the info at once, but don't know over internet how experienced you are with phone and all this terminology.

Good Luck, since you are not flashing new radio, there isn't much chance of doing something that can't be fixed.

Ken

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
This is what I am using with zero problems:

Has a separate camera and camcorder

It is desire based with all the nice widgets they use

It will give you a new kernal. You can change wallpaper if you want. I like the Black Splash

If you actually have the 5.08 Korean radio it should be fine

Read the OP page fully and carefully all instructions are there. I also scan the last 30 pages or so of any new rom for the latest info and issues

This is MicroMod's and he is very helpful, plus several of us monitor this rom thread

You haven't said, but assume you can now get into recovery to do a backup first and know the procedure to install a new rom. And, also can navigate within the recovery screens. The pwr button after you leave the first screen is your back button. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Again you need Titanium Backup from Market and know how to use. What recovery do you have?

Essential management programs from Market in addition to TB are Linda Manager where you can access sdcard and change backup names and delete backups. Quick System shows all info including sd ext3 if you have one. You could install that first and see if it shows. If no sd ext these roms will suck up memory. If app supports it you can move each thru the phones manage apps option. If you have Rom Manager it allows you to make an sd ext. Don't install stuff from rom manager, boot into recovery first. If issues there is a fix permissions in rom mgr and in recovery. Under rom mgr, menu, settings make sure Advanced is selected.

Guess you also know how to dl from op page to pc and copy rom to sd card.

I would as recommended wipe everything twice: Data, all caches including dalvik, and battery. Two are on first recovery screen and two on the Advanced screen you get to from from first screen. After you flash rom sign in to google if you use and have a connection. Easier at first if you have wifi at home, sometimes I did not get my 3G connection because rom wiped APN settings. I use APN Backup from market and restore if that happens or you have to do manually.

Once you have done that reboot to set system memory and move apps to sdcard if you have ext.

I then go back to TB and refresh and "restore missing apps with data"

Some you may have to do manually. Some of gapps apps may need dl'd form Market like Calendar and Gmail etc.

You could also bu sd card to pc first also. This is all about precautions and preparation.

TB actually shows internal memory and sdcard and ext memory, see what that says. If you don't have an ext do one thru rom mgr. It is available thru Market and has some necessary steps to do during install setup. Like the Advanced I mentioned and Fix Permissions and selecting Flash Clockworkmod recovery before proceeding with rom install to see if it recognizes phone and clockwork recovery is activated.

I would backup your sdcard to pc and do a phone backup thru recovery and do a TB backup first.

Sorry about all the info at once, but don't know over internet how experienced you are with phone and all this terminology.

Good Luck, since you are not flashing new radio, there isn't much chance of doing something that can't be fixed.

Ken

I know now how to install from SD card as I recently did.
I did not get what this means sorry - 'Read the OP page fully and carefully all instructions are there.'
I don't what extn means. Do you mean extention what we use word in compulter, wondering if it can touch my once ROM which I have and I know how to flash from SD card using this.

I have rom manager and titanium backup but very sure how to use as there are many options coming for me.

Again I am giving my deatail.
andriod version - 2.2
deep@deep-desktop #60

can I download the ROM from the link what you gave the wipe and flash from SD CARD what I did beforeto get my phone wokring. is that fine or I have to do partion and backup etc what you are telling..

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I am reading now 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=784260' many people are saying many things and there are many links to download.

Confused very much now :-(

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
The OP page is the first in the link I gave OP or Rom Developer (dev)

The dl link is in brown above the blue screen picture: Latest Desire Super Hybrid Rom<-----download.

Download it to pc and copy to sdcard. don't put in any folders on card for now, just put to root of card. After rom is installed you can delete it from sdcard when you reconnect phone to sd or thru the Linda Mgr app I spoke of. Deleting off sdcard frees up memory, not sure what size card you got. Mine is 16gb

You install roms thru recovery screen that you must boot into as mentioned in earlier post. What does it say at bottom of TB screen. If not all three memory info's I mentioned you may need to update TB. Let's do that first. Don't be anxious to install new rom until you get all preliminaries done and fully understand procedure and how to use TB and Rom Mgr. I did a lot of googling and study to get familiar with them before using. Don't want to mess up phone again. It is working now, so take it slow.

Your sdext is making a second partition on the sdcard for apps so as not to use up limited internal phone memory. If you don't have this you ned to move one at a time manually. These roms will eat up your internal mem with all apps on internal.

Let's see what TB says first, or dl and open Quick System from Market and see what it says.

I don't think you'll get this installed tonite. Too much to set up and learn so it seems. No rush.

We want an sdcard bu to pc a phone bu thru rom mgr and a TB back up.

Also what is version on Rom Mgr (RM), may need to update that too. Did the Market notify you of updates yet?

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-11-2010, 07:34 PM
The OP page is the first in the link I gave OP or Rom Developer (dev)

The dl link is in brown above the blue screen picture: Latest Desire Super Hybrid Rom<-----download.

Download it to pc and copy to sdcard. don't put in any folders on card for now, just put to root of card. After rom is installed you can delete it from sdcard when you reconnect phone to sd or thru the Linda Mgr app I spoke of. Deleting off sdcard frees up memory, not sure what size card you got. Mine is 16gb

You install roms thru recovery screen that you must boot into as mentioned in earlier post. What does it say at bottom of TB screen. If not all three memory info's I mentioned you may need to update TB. Let's do that first. Don't be anxious to install new rom until you get all preliminaries done and fully understand procedure and how to use TB and Rom Mgr. I did a lot of googling and study to get familiar with them before using. Don't want to mess up phone again. It is working now, so take it slow.

Your sdext is making a second partition on the sdcard for apps so as not to use up limited internal phone memory. If you don't have this you ned to move one at a time manually. These roms will eat up your internal mem with all apps on internal.

Let's see what TB says first, or dl and open Quick System from Market and see what it says.

I don't think you'll get this installed tonite. Too much to set up and learn so it seems. No rush.

We want an sdcard bu to pc a phone bu thru rom mgr and a TB back up.

Also what is version on Rom Mgr (RM), may need to update that too. Did the Market notify you of updates yet?

I have 6 8 GB card as of now. I have titanium back and ROM manager installed now. I dont have USB cable as of now as i did not get from seller, I have to buy from market.

I did not get 'We want an sdcard bu to pc a phone bu thru rom mgr and a TB back up' ?
I looked some vedios for taitanium back and seems like I can backup now. Still have to investigate how to use ROM manager how to check whether its linda ROM manager or diffrenet?

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 07:44 PM
What does TB say at bottom of main screen, should have memory info.

If not get Quick System from market and see what it says.

Linda Manager is from Market and just a file mgmt program to do as I mentioned earlier. Rename, delete files on sd card and other things. Rom Manager which you have already (what is version) is how you boot into recovery. There are other recoveries out there other than RM like amon_ra, but no need to go into that now.

I mentioned earlier how to use TB and do a bu. See if you can do that and get usb cable before moving on. You should have got it from ebay seller. Not sure where to buy one. Contact ebay seller, he should have included it.

For now:

1. Get usb cable

2. See what TB says on memory info at bottom of screen or get Quick System to see

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Linda Manager is from Market and just a file mgmt program to do as I mentioned earlier. Rename, delete files on sd card and other things. Rom Manager which you have already (what is version) is how you boot into recovery. There are other recoveries out there other than RM like amon_ra, but no need to go into that now.

I mentioned earlier how to use TB and do a bu. See if you can do that and get usb cable before moving on. You should have got it from ebay seller. Not sure where to buy one. Contact ebay seller, he should have included it.

For now:

1. Get usb cable

2. See what TB says on memory info at bottom of screen or get Quick System to see

I backed up all user apps and system data 186.

at bottom it says
RUN delete all backups(CAUTION) 186.

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Not on that screen on the bottom of the main screen when you open tb

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-11-2010, 08:10 PM

For now:

1. Get usb cable

at bottom it says

I did backed my current ROM from ROM manager. I also installed the IO File Manager and could all the data in a better way.

data directory : /data
external storage: /mnt/sdcard(ok)
backup dorectry:/mnt/sdcard/titaniumbackup

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-11-2010, 08:34 PM

For now:

1. Get usb cable

at bottom it says

I did backed my current ROM from ROM manager. I also installed the IO File Manager and could all the data in a better way.

In ROM manager we have option partion sdcad and gives option 128/256/512. which one to select and will it format dccard?

Can I install the ROM now using the browser on phone.

I think now we should be ok as we have back and everthing. I want ti check camera qucik and I have rturn the phone if it did not work.

Please advice me.

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Still what version of TB and RM do you have

Does IO file mgr show if you have an sd ext and how much free memory

RM has been flakey on backing up and installing the way you described, unless I misunderstand. On the main RM screen to be safe you should tap on menu, settings and make sure Advanced is checked. On main screen tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. It should say Confirm Phone Model Google Nexus One. Tap on it and it should say Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery. Tap OK. But again what versions of TB and RM.

Once you have flashed CWMod Rec you can tap on reboot into recovery, tap ok. This is where you should backup phone and install roms from.

The first screen has reboot system, which takes you back to your phone. At top of screen it should say Clockwormod Recovery v2.5.1.0 or whatever.

Below that is where you wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache then select advanced with trackball and wipe Dalvik and battery stats. You do these 2x before flashing new rom. Then after wiping on that page press pwr button to go back to main recovery screen. If you notice before you do that there is an option to partition sd card, that is where you do that. Anyway once back to main recovery screen you can reboot. On that same page is backup and restore is were you do your bu's and restores from not the rom mgr main page. When you are ready to install the new rom (which should be in .zip format) select install zip from sdcard. It will take you to scren that says choose zip from sd card. Sekect it and go to the folder it is in or if on root of sd card it should be on that screen. Sometimes if you dl from web thru phone it goes to download folder. Once you select the rom it will install and when done will ask to reboot.

Remember the pwr button is your back button when on any recovery screen other than first one. On the choose zip from sd card screen there is a toggle sig verification. Enabled or disabled. some zips are not signed and you will get a sig failed during the flash. If so go to that choice and toggle sig to disabled.

mounts and storage on main screen allows you to mount phone to pc. When you are mounted or connected to pc thru usb and looking at sdcard thru windows window, close that window and go to bottom computer link bar and click on device icon to ok the disconnecting of phone from pc. Two choices to ok. If you don't unmount correctly you can lose sd card.

So, what versions of TB and RM do you have and does IO file mgr show your recent backup and if you have an sdcard ext. On sd card the backup would be under clockworkmod/backups.

I wouldn't falsh anything untill you get a usb cable and copy sd card to pc. Your choice.

I may be going to slow for you but I am cautious. After seven months of this I still screw up, and have wiped sd card 3 times.

Also remember with only 8gb don't leave dl's on sd card, copy to pc into a backup folder. Keep only what you NEED. At least on e backup to restore if you mess up.

rugmankc
11-11-2010, 08:50 PM

at bottom it says

In ROM manager we have option partion sdcad and gives option 128/256/512. which one to select and will it format dccard?

I think now we should be ok as we have back and everthing. I want ti check camera qucik and I have rturn the phone if it did not work.

Please advice me.

Sorry I missed your bottom posts, don't partition it will wipe sdcard you need the usb cable and back up sdcard first. When you do partition, 512mb, 0 swap.

The info you gave from IO mgr is not enough. Still want to know TB and RM versions. If no where it says sdext memory then dl Quick System from Market and open see what it says.

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-12-2010, 06:11 PM

Please advice me.

Sorry I missed your bottom posts, don't partition it will wipe sdcard you need the usb cable and back up sdcard first. When you do partition, 512mb, 0 swap.

The info you gave from IO mgr is not enough. Still want to know TB and RM versions. If no where it says sdext memory then dl Quick System from Market and open see what it says.

Please find below info.

ROM manager
version 2.5.0.3
1.71MB + 1.41MB(84.00KB)
Aug 1,2008 7:00:00 AM

Titaninum backup
version 3.5.2::fixed nasty FC on startup downgrade, can remove crapware on samsuns 2.2,fixed issu during sync to dropbox
1 August 2008

OI manager
version 1.13

Please let me know if I can install the new ROM without partion as I did not get time to go out and USB and want to check camera soon.

Please advice.

gonzo13
11-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey, I wanted to unroot my phone and restore it to stock in hopes of getting the gingerbread update when it's released.

I rooted using Universal AndRoot from FRF91 and I followed these steps I found on MoDaCo

Restoring Stock ROM/Unroot Procedure

1. Go to applications and open ROM Manager.
2. Scroll down to Manage and Restore Backups.
3. Select the backup of the stock ROM you created before flashing and select Restore.
4. The restore process will now begin and will take a few minutes.
5. Once the device reverts back to stock, go back to applications and select Universal AndRoot.
6. Select Undo Root.
7. Go to Settings, Privacy and select Factory Reset.
7. You're done. You are now completely back to stock and you have maintained your Bootloader for warranty purposes.

and it all worked, i'm not rooted anymore and my stock rom backup is installed but should I not get an updated from FRF91 to whatever the release was after that caused issues with the Universal AndRoot procedure?

Because when I check for system updates it currently says my system is up to date.

(Nexus One running 2.2 FRF91 on the Rogers network)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

rugmankc
11-13-2010, 08:21 AM
good to know gonzo

thanks

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-14-2010, 12:37 AM
good to know gonzo

thanks

I have got the USB cable and I installed the drivers also. I have taken the backup also.
Could you please suggest me how to proceed and intstall the new ROM/Radio etc so I can test my camera.

Please reply soon.

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-14-2010, 03:03 AM
good to know gonzo

thanks

I have got the USB cable and I installed the drivers also. I have taken the backup also.
Could you please suggest me how to proceed and intstall the new ROM/Radio etc so I can test my camera.

Please reply soon.

Hello Rugmankc,
Good News is I am able to install the new ROM suggested by you. I am very excited to see my camera and camcorder functions are working..
Thanks for guiding me and helping me. I am very great full to you.

As of now I have just installed new ROM zip file and copy to sdcard and installed new ROM from sdcard.
Still I have not format the sdcard and make extention on it. I would need your help on this. How to do it and what precautions we should take to do as I will erase my all data. I have taken backup of my sdcard on system.

Awaiting for you reply.!!

rugmankc
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
What rom did you install, glad you figured it out. Didn't want to guide you forward without an sdcard backup and phone backup. Sounds like you got it figured out now. Can't over emphasize phone and sdcard backups and Titanium backups before doing flashes. Obviously sdcard bu not necessary everytime. There is a Fix Permissions option in Rom Manager and some recoveries if you have issues.

A side note: Rom Manager is just an interface for you, ClockworkMod is the recovery. Rom Mgr is not the recovery image. I find it safer to boot into CWMod and do everything there. Another recovery is Amon_Ra. Better I think. But that is something for later. It needs flashed thru Terminal Emulator, an app from the Market. Very exact commands. The reason I mention is that CWMod recovery will only make an ext2 not ext3 partition or at least that is what it shows when looking at it thru a partition tool. Amon_ra will let you change it to ext3. No big deal at this time. You already have 5.08 Korean radio, ok for now.

If you flashed the desire roms like evil and MicroMod, they are more memory intensive and you may need the partition. Cyanogen and MIUI roms are lower mem and maybe get by without it. With no partition you can go to menu/settings/manage apps/all. Tap on app and see if it lets you move app to sd. Not all will. That will free up space. It goes to sd card not a partition since you don't have one yet.

Anyway, on the partition:

You say you backed up sdcard to pc and have a phone bu. What rom do you have and do you have your google stuff (gapps) set up and how much internal memory left. That should show under your phone settings or at bottom of main Titanium page.

Most of this from memory, so if something doesn't seem right ask. I have Amon_Ra right now and can't follow steps all the way thru.

1. Open Rom Manager and select Reboot into Recovery

2. You are going to select Partition SD Card

3. You want 512mb and 0swap

4. It should do it's thing

5. When done do Reboot System Now. If not on that main screen use pwr button to go back.

6. Again, in Phone Settings (depends on rom) you should show your sd card memory info. I still like Quick System from Market. I put the app on one of my Home Screens and can open with one tap and all info there. Terminal Emulator needed too if you are going to do more things like the ext2 to ext3. Easier then setting up SDK and ADB thru Windows Command Prompt.

Let me know how it goes and what your new numbers are. Without knowing your rom, I don't know how to move apps to sd automatically. Some just have you reboot after first flash of new rom, some have Dark Tremor (an sdext manager) and requires commands thru Terminal Emulator.

FYI: Always read the first page (OP page) of the developer's web page. It has most all info there on the download link and how to flash rom and set up. Sometimes it is not easy to see. Also, read last 20 pages or so of the thread for tips and issues from others.

I am helping again because you figured out a lot on your own. Never sure over the internet how much someone knows on this stuff. It took dozens of hours of research before I even started. Making it too easy for someone doesn't prepare them for troubleshooting and understanding why they are doing the steps in procedures. After seven months I still screw up. And these roms are all hacked and 100% perfect as you found out with the eVil HD rom. NO Camera!!

I am in and out today, but you can let me know on your rom you flashed and see hoe it moves apps to sdcard, or go back to that thread for help.

Good luck,

Ken

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-14-2010, 12:52 PM
What rom did you install, glad you figured it out. Didn't want to guide you forward without an sdcard backup and phone backup. Sounds like you got it figured out now. Can't over emphasize phone and sdcard backups and Titanium backups before doing flashes. Obviously sdcard bu not necessary everytime. There is a Fix Permissions option in Rom Manager and some recoveries if you have issues.

A side note: Rom Manager is just an interface for you, ClockworkMod is the recovery. Rom Mgr is not the recovery image. I find it safer to boot into CWMod and do everything there. Another recovery is Amon_Ra. Better I think. But that is something for later. It needs flashed thru Terminal Emulator, an app from the Market. Very exact commands. The reason I mention is that CWMod recovery will only make an ext2 not ext3 partition or at least that is what it shows when looking at it thru a partition tool. Amon_ra will let you change it to ext3. No big deal at this time. You already have 5.08 Korean radio, ok for now.

If you flashed the desire roms like evil and MicroMod, they are more memory intensive and you may need the partition. Cyanogen and MIUI roms are lower mem and maybe get by without it. With no partition you can go to menu/settings/manage apps/all. Tap on app and see if it lets you move app to sd. Not all will. That will free up space. It goes to sd card not a partition since you don't have one yet.

Anyway, on the partition:

You say you backed up sdcard to pc and have a phone bu. What rom do you have and do you have your google stuff (gapps) set up and how much internal memory left. That should show under your phone settings or at bottom of main Titanium page.

Most of this from memory, so if something doesn't seem right ask. I have Amon_Ra right now and can't follow steps all the way thru.

1. Open Rom Manager and select Reboot into Recovery

2. You are going to select Partition SD Card

3. You want 512mb and 0swap

4. It should do it's thing

5. When done do Reboot System Now. If not on that main screen use pwr button to go back.

6. Again, in Phone Settings (depends on rom) you should show your sd card memory info. I still like Quick System from Market. I put the app on one of my Home Screens and can open with one tap and all info there. Terminal Emulator needed too if you are going to do more things like the ext2 to ext3. Easier then setting up SDK and ADB thru Windows Command Prompt.

Let me know how it goes and what your new numbers are. Without knowing your rom, I don't know how to move apps to sd automatically. Some just have you reboot after first flash of new rom, some have Dark Tremor (an sdext manager) and requires commands thru Terminal Emulator.

FYI: Always read the first page (OP page) of the developer's web page. It has most all info there on the download link and how to flash rom and set up. Sometimes it is not easy to see. Also, read last 20 pages or so of the thread for tips and issues from others.

I am helping again because you figured out a lot on your own. Never sure over the internet how much someone knows on this stuff. It took dozens of hours of research before I even started. Making it too easy for someone doesn't prepare them for troubleshooting and understanding why they are doing the steps in procedures. After seven months I still screw up. And these roms are all hacked and 100% perfect as you found out with the eVil HD rom. NO Camera!!

I am in and out today, but you can let me know on your rom you flashed and see hoe it moves apps to sdcard, or go back to that thread for help.

Good luck,

Ken

I have inatalled the ROM suggested by you. Please is the link and detail for the same.
ROM Details-
[ROM]MM's v2.10 Desire SuperHybrid (Wifi-Calln, Media-Share, RedStar Kernel) 11/9/10 - xda-developers
Current ROM Base: 2.10.405.2
Current Kernel: RedStar3894 2.6.35.8_AVS_CFS_20101109_0128
I have copy and paste everthing from sdcard to system. I did tatninum back and thoug ROM manager also recover current ROM.
I tried to 'With no partition you can go to menu/settings/manage apps/all. Tap on app and see if it lets you move app to sd.' But it is NOT allowing me to move app to SDCARD. Dont know what could be issue.
as you said 'Terminal Emulator needed too if you are going to do more things like the ext2 to ext3. Easier then setting up SDK and ADB thru Windows Command Prompt.' - I installed SDK zip and installed though SD Manger. Dont know after that what to do. I did this to get USB driver installed as I was not having CD and I did google for it. could you please tell me what is ADB and and how to do ext2 to ext3. Please tell me more about Terminal Emulator needed too also.

How to check if my SD card id partioned(NOT sure just waondering if it is already).
Let me know if you require any more infomation to proceed me further.

rugmankc
11-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Don't worry about SDK/ADB or ext3 right now, not needed yet

When you say can't move app to sd card, is the "Move App to SD Card" grayed out or bright wipe. If grayed out app is on sdcard

You should get Terminal Emulator and Quick System from Market. Quick System will show you phone internal memory free and a2sd ext memory free. Terminal Emulator does most of what SDK/ADB does and easier for me. You use it to flash recoveries and some radios. Things that are in .img format not .zip like the rom you flashed.

Or, like I said, it should show somewhere under your phone settings if you have a2sd info shown.

I assume before you flashed rom you read MicrMod's op page carefully before flashing. I think that page has tips on how many times to wipe all before flashing and how to activate a2sd and set up trackball alerts and battery in top bar.

You always wipe ALL while in recovery. Data, caches, battery stats etc. They are on two different screens in CWMod recovery. Two on main screen and two under Advanced. If you don't you risk stuck screens and bootloops. Sometimes you get them even if you wipe all. Then you may need to format things like Micro mentions on op page also.

If you haven't made the sd ext thru Rom Mgr/CWMod recovery like I posted above you don't have it unless it was there originally. That is why you need to check phone settings or get Quick System. Do that next so you can verify where you are at this moment.

ken

arvindkumarbhardwaj
11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Don't worry about SDK/ADB or ext3 right now, not needed yet

When you say can't move app to sd card, is the "Move App to SD Card" grayed out or bright wipe. If grayed out app is on sdcard

You should get Terminal Emulator and Quick System from Market. Quick System will show you phone internal memory free and a2sd ext memory free. Terminal Emulator does most of what SDK/ADB does and easier for me. You use it to flash recoveries and some radios. Things that are in .img format not .zip like the rom you flashed.

Or, like I said, it should show somewhere under your phone settings if you have a2sd info shown.

I assume before you flashed rom you read MicrMod's op page carefully before flashing. I think that page has tips on how many times to wipe all before flashing and how to activate a2sd and set up trackball alerts and battery in top bar.

You always wipe ALL while in recovery. Data, caches, battery stats etc. They are on two different screens in CWMod recovery. Two on main screen and two under Advanced. If you don't you risk stuck screens and bootloops. Sometimes you get them even if you wipe all. Then you may need to format things like Micro mentions on op page also.

If you haven't made the sd ext thru Rom Mgr/CWMod recovery like I posted above you don't have it unless it was there originally. That is why you need to check phone settings or get Quick System. Do that next so you can verify where you are at this moment.

ken

Here is what Quick System info- says about memory
SD card stirage - Total 5.22GB, Free 3.29GB
A2SD Sorage - Information not avilable
System storage - total 196MB,free33.69MB
Let me know if this conifrm that I dont have extn.
To install ne ROM I just restore factory and wipe cathc thats sit once only. I could not follow more instarctions. I intalled new rom from recovery mode.
To move app to SDCARD seems evrthing in SDCARD only to move ro sdcard is coming as gray NOT white one.

Let me know what I should do next.

rugmankc
11-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Yea, you have no sdext

It is grayed because you are not able to move the app for some reason, maybe the dev won't allow.

Your internal is low because all apps are on phone

You can work that way if you have no issues or low memory warnings. But, I would do the sdext as I posted above. It will probably wipe your sd card, so you will have to copy all folders back from pc to phone.

Then check Quick System and it should show a2sd info.

Then when all done if you reboot the rom should move apps to sdcard.

Again, read all of op page and last 20 pages of thread on any roms you want to try

rugmankc
11-17-2010, 02:07 PM
arvindkumarbhardwaj,

Did you get it worked out?

aseems
11-30-2010, 01:45 AM
http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-tech-issues-bug-reports/10146-nexus-one-stuck-boot-screen.html

Never Rooted or even tried :(

rugmankc
11-30-2010, 09:41 AM
aseems,

Good to see you post, hope all is well.

You are one of the few who, if you do root, will be prepared. Too many 1 clickers, rooting to soon.

I spent time helping the op to resolve his issue, hope he did. Could at least update us and some thanks.

Ken

aseems
12-03-2010, 11:14 AM
aseems,

Good to see you post, hope all is well.

You are one of the few who, if you do root, will be prepared. Too many 1 clickers, rooting to soon.

I spent time helping the op to resolve his issue, hope he did. Could at least update us and some thanks.

Ken

Thank you for your support old friend

my even older friend...and the person who baby stepped me and replied to my first post

The Lord of the Dark Side Emperor Slice

Tutored me out of my predicament and with his help and All my well wishers on the n1f

My N1's heart is still beating... Seemed it was a "mild myocardial infarction" ... Not a debilitating heart attack!

rugmankc
12-03-2010, 12:17 PM
All is now good in the world :wine1:

aseems
12-03-2010, 12:36 PM
All is now good in the world :wine1:

With Good Buds like you it always will be
Thank you for being a good friend

EnmaAi001
12-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I just did Reset N1 to factory setting. But the icon for SIM Tool kit was lost. Can't find it and how can I restore the Icon?

SEVEN40iL
01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
If you selected "Enable back-up" when you first turned on the phone when you bought it you will NOT lose any data OR apps (paid or free). You can do a factory reset, and when you sign back in with your same gmail account, ALL previous data and apps will download. Once again you will NOT lose any data OR apps.

I am having issues with my N1 and I want to do a factory reset. I went into my settings and recently selected enable backup. Will this still backup everything I need.

Would pictures and video's taken be backed up? What about pictures and video's that were downloaded or received through bluetooth? Or would I have to back these things up manually by connecting the phone through usb to computer?

DudeRandom21
01-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Well pictures and such are saved on the SD card if I'm not mistaken and when doing a factory reset the SD card is not touched.

SEVEN40iL
01-10-2011, 12:52 AM
even pictures which I have saved from browsing and have received through bluetooth should be saved to my sd card and therefore safe from a factory reset?

bobbyphoenix
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
even pictures which I have saved from browsing and have received through bluetooth should be saved to my sd card and therefore safe from a factory reset?

Everything and anything on the SD card will not be affected. If you really don't trust it just take out the SD card before you do the factory reset, or just copy the entire card to your computer first.

SEVEN40iL
01-10-2011, 11:52 AM

Everything and anything on the SD card will not be affected. If you really don't trust it just take out the SD card before you do the factory reset, or just copy the entire card to your computer first.

Thank you for your response. I just was not sure if downloaded and bluetooth transfer files were stored on the sd card or the phone itself.

dondoji
03-18-2011, 09:19 AM
i found a similar post with this one. But it is for nexus s., I dunno if it can be applied on nexus one. Any way here it is:

How to Format or Hard Reset Google Nexus S - Android-Radar.com (http://www.android-radar.com/2011/03/18/how-to-format-or-hard-reset-google-nexus-s/)

NexuSix
04-23-2011, 12:49 PM

Release Home and Back.

I just got a new Nexus One for my wife it came with Android Version: 2.2, I upgraded it to Android Version: 2.3.3 OTA but wanted to root it, which seems would be easier using 2.2.

If I do the factory reset will it reset the phone back to 2.2?

40ftcobb
04-23-2011, 04:08 PM
No it will just reset the data on your phone,if you want to go back you need to use the passimg to rollback to 2.2,ask danger-rat or dude random for the link but if you do a sreach for passimg you should find many post on it,it worked for me 5 days ago rooted and now loving cm7 way better then stocl

guiacues
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi, if i do a factory settings reset, how long will it take for my nexus one to get the OS updates and get me where i am now? 2.3.3

tonybhoy
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi, if i do a factory settings reset, how long will it take for my nexus one to get the OS updates and get me where i am now? 2.3.3i dont think there is an answer to that,i could say 2 days but it could take weeks,:)

guiacues
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
i don't get why they need to push the updates to your phone, why can't we just update it whenever we want.. doesn't make sense

40ftcobb
04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
When I did mine a couple days ago(again),it was as soon as I put in my apns for internet and mas the very first notification I got was the system update one,for me it was a matter of minutes

40ftcobb
04-25-2011, 01:59 PM
But then again if your already running 2.3.3 a factory reset will just clear your data it wont bring you back to 2.2

ballroomdru
05-28-2011, 07:43 AM
how to reset your nexus one to factory settings

turn the phone off. If itís frozen in the on state, pull the battery.
press and hold both the home and back buttons simultaneously.
while continuing to hold the buttons, press the power button.
release home and back.
follow the instructions on the screen to complete the hard reset.

uh... By means that is the way to hard reset g1 and my touch, the hard button reset on the nexus one is actually different. It is done by :

hard resetting the nexus one with the hard button factory data reset. (volume down and power button)
the device must be powered off to perform this reset. If the device is on, turn it off. (if the device is not responsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and re-insert it.)
while holding down the volume button on the side of the n1, press the power button briefly while maintaining the volume button pressed in for around 5-10 seconds.
you should be presented with a menu that allows for: Fastbook, recovery, clear storage, and simlock. You can release the volume button at this time.
select clear storage with the volume button up and down, then press and release the power button to make the selection.
it will ask you to confirm this decision. Press the yes button using the volume up
thank you!!!!!!!!!!

aliceinaworld
02-05-2012, 12:09 AM
My nexus one has been acting strange lately, and I tried to factory reset it but when the screen opens up (fast boot, recovery, clear storage, etc) the volume buttons won't work? help!!!