PDA

View Full Version : set a custom notification tone

jdeproductions
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM
if you want to use a custom sound for your mail notification or text message notification or alarm sound ,, do this...

Get your micro SD card. Create the following folders. and put the sound files inside..

to make these folders either...
(1) plug the phone into your computer with the usb wire
or
(2) install the free app called "androzip" and navigate to your sdcard and make these folders

/Android/media/audio/alarms <- put alarm mp3s in there
/Android/media/audio/notifications <- put notification mp3s in there
/Android/media/audio/ringtones <- put ringtones mp3s in there

*** and if you are looking to send an audio file thru a text message you will need to have the audio file in the "ringtones" folder

saetam
01-26-2010, 03:46 AM
All of this naming isn't necessary. All that needs to be done is to name the folders 'ringtones', 'alarms' and 'notifications'. Of course without the apostrophes and put them in the main/head directory.

Works for me everytime. You will need to unmount the SD card before you are able to make them available for use.

lensman
02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
thanks a lot for this, been looking for a way to do this...

Cheers :)

Soupdragon
02-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Misposted, apologies

dg36
02-11-2010, 03:47 PM
That's very helpful!

floridasrt
02-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks for this post, was getting tired of having to listen to android's notifications. Anyone know if it is possible to set different sounds for different notifications? I'm coming from the BB Bold and I was able to set up a different sound for email, sms, facebook etc. Don't think it is possible but figured I'd ask. Thanks.

floridasrt
02-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Disregard last post, figured it out.

Willxia
02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi guys,

New here but been reading on the forums before.

I've just got a question.
I have done both the full address and just the folder name way for "Alarms", "Ringtones" and "Notifications" but still cannot seem to find then

I'm not sure if it is the capitals in front of the folders or i'm going into the wrong screen the select them.

I'm going into settings and then Sound and display to try to change the notifications but alarms i dunno where

thanks in advance :)

kingken
02-20-2010, 06:35 AM
All of this naming isn't necessary. All that needs to be done is to name the folders 'ringtones', 'alarms' and 'notifications'. Of course without the apostrophes and put them in the main/head directory.

Works for me everytime. You will need to unmount the SD card before you are able to make them available for use.
This work!! thank!!

Willxia
02-27-2010, 08:59 AM
ok

i eventually got my alarms working, (was looking in the wrong place, should be in the clock alarms ringtones settings) but i'm still having trouble trying to figure out where the notifications settings is to change it

yao86
03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for Sharing :)

divinition
03-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Great! Thanks!

Badandy
03-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Doesn't RingDroid do this automatically without having to deal with folders and mounting the SD card?

bobbyphoenix
03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Doesn't RingDroid do this automatically without have to deal with folders and mounting the SD card?

Yep. RingDroid, and Rings Extended. Both work great for custom tones. No need to create folders, or anything like that.

lwm99
03-22-2010, 11:37 PM
I notice that if I first select a customised mp3 sound as a ringtone (can deselect it immediately if you want), then I can see the same mp3 appears in the alarm ringtone selection.

dudedidtheplan
04-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I notice that if I first select a customised mp3 sound as a ringtone (can deselect it immediately if you want), then I can see the same mp3 appears in the alarm ringtone selection.
Yes it does, and you can then change your main ringtone back to whatever you prefer and use the custom you just created as an alarm or a ringtone for a specific person. I'm not sure what all of the hubbub is in this thread.

Dmstarr
06-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Could someone remind me of how to set the ringtone for my favorite contacts? I'm pretty sure there is a global setting, one that doesn't need me to set it for each individual in the favorites list. Just can't remember....

sliceburgslim
07-24-2010, 10:54 AM
You may need to reload your software unfortunately. You will need a USB, cable, phone, computer with Blackberry desktop manager installed and access to download your most recent version of software. If you do this it should correct the issue. Just one thing, if you do a back up, just restore your contact information, if something is corrupt then it can be reloaded on cause the issue again. Just Google "How to run application loader" and there should be steps available for you.

Did I miss Something here? Blackberry Desktop Manager? You look Lost Buddy:rofl3:

sturmeyworld
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I have just got my new phone to day.
I too come from a BBS.
Anyone know if it is possible to set different sounds for different notifications and different peoples numbers please.
Thanks for the help.
All The Best
John :iphone:

gjsiddall
10-06-2010, 01:01 PM
can u delete the ringtones already on the phone??

gjsiddall
10-06-2010, 01:21 PM
can the txt message notification be extended?

and how do u change the alarm sound. I know what to do but how do u get ur tune into the alarm list?

SSHaze
08-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Just got mine yesterday and it's too smart for me...lol Having a heck of a time figuring out how to personalize things.

dudedidtheplan
08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Download the manual. Its pretty helpful.

nexus one manual - Google Search (http://www.google.com/m/search?q=nexus+one+manual&mshr=30&msbs=6&mscq=&mscm=&popt=1&pbx=1&aq=1&oq=nexus+one+manual&aqi=&fkt=142502&fsdt=149630&cqt=116127&rst=116472&htf=&his=&maction=select_suggest&source=android-home&client=ms-android-google&csll=&action=&ltoken=47b45998)

SSHaze
08-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Is the Nexus one the same as the Nexus S?

dudedidtheplan
08-19-2011, 01:21 PM
No. Nexus one is the original nexus phone made by HTC and has a trackball. Nexus s is a Samsung phone withe the nfc chip.