PDA

View Full Version : Are there any 3rd Party Earbuds with remote available?

just999in
02-07-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm a new user and new member. Love the phone, but have many questions already.

The earbuds that come with the Nexus One are Ok, but not to my taste. They are quite big so i can't get them into my ear far enough, so the volume isn't loud enough in crowded places.

The biggest drawback is no volume control on the remote. Don't like having to reach into my pocket every time I want to adjust the volume.

Any third party solutions yet? Where to buy and how much?

Cheers,

Justin

cadams05
02-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Tons of options. Jabra is my personal favorite. I just bought an actual Jabra bluetooth headset (Jabra Halo) which I use in my office. It's also a great set of wireless headphones.

While I'm out I use the BT530 Jabra Noise Blackout Smart Series bluetooth earbud. They both have noise cancellation and crystal clear call quality.

The Halo was $99, the earbud I really can't remember, but around $60 I think.

just999in
02-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Tons of options. Jabra is my personal favorite. I just bought an actual Jabra bluetooth headset (Jabra Halo) which I use in my office. It's also a great set of wireless headphones.

While I'm out I use the BT530 Jabra Noise Blackout Smart Series bluetooth earbud. They both have noise cancellation and crystal clear call quality.

Thanks for the info...do these earphones have a remote with
mic (for answering calls) and volume control? Those are two important features for me.

Cheers

cadams05
02-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Both come with remote mics and with volume controls. The Jabra earbud has three buttons, multi use functions. The Halo has sensi-touch volume and scroll control.

Go to their web-site and check out the features if you'd like to know all the good details. Google search "Jabra Halo" "Jabra BT530"

Thanks for the info...do these earphones have a remote with
mic (for answering calls) and volume control? Those are two important features for me.

Cheers

just999in
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=cadams05;15950]Both come with remote mics and with volume controls. The Jabra earbud has three buttons, multi use functions. The Halo has sensi-touch volume and scroll control.

Are you sure the romote and mic are compatible with the Nexus One? Does the software on the phone support it?

I know when I had my iPhone, some mics made from other companies wouldn't work unless they were specifically designed for the iPhone.

Cheers

cadams05
02-07-2010, 11:53 PM
When you say remote, let me make sure that you are referring to a standard bluetooth setup. If so, yes they work on the Nexus One, I use them daily, they work great. Paring is snap, it just works, you don't have to do any special tricks, plug and play basically. Best buy has a 30 day return policy for any reason, if you don't like them take them back and try another brand. Planetronics is another good brand I've used.

Bose also makes some good equipment.

[QUOTE=cadams05;15950]Both come with remote mics and with volume controls. The Jabra earbud has three buttons, multi use functions. The Halo has sensi-touch volume and scroll control.

Are you sure the romote and mic are compatible with the Nexus One? Does the software on the phone support it?

I know when I had my iPhone, some mics made from other companies wouldn't work unless they were specifically designed for the iPhone.

Cheers

just999in
02-08-2010, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=cadams05;16117]When you say remote, let me make sure that you are referring to a standard bluetooth setup. If so, yes they work on the Nexus One, I use them daily, they work great.

No, I'm actually reffering to the volume play/pause control and mic that are connected to the wire of the earbuds that come with the Nexus One. The earphones that ship with the Nexus One are rather crappy and don't have volume control either.

Are there any 3rd party earphones with volume control, play/pause/answer call button, and mic attached to the cord that will work on the phone? (non-bluetooth)

Cheers

cadams05
02-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Sorry for leading you down the path of 3 or 4 posts on this. Understand you're looking for a wired solution now. Check out the link below, you may like the ear buds on this web site. I have very small ears too and any of the standard designs kill my ears. Good luck.

ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones (http://www.zagg.com/audio/zbuds-iphone-earbuds.php?gclid=CMn5nvr_4p8CFQTxDAodk1JqGg)

Cut and past this link, I just noticed an ad for these ear buds when I launched the Nexus One forum site.

just999in
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Sorry for leading you down the path of 3 or 4 posts on this. Understand you're looking for a wired solution now. Check out the link below, you may like the ear buds on this web site. I have very small ears too and any of the standard designs kill my ears. Good luck.

ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones (http://www.zagg.com/audio/zbuds-iphone-earbuds.php?gclid=CMn5nvr_4p8CFQTxDAodk1JqGg)

Cut and past this link, I just noticed an ad for these ear buds when I launched the Nexus One forum site.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, the volume and music control probably won't work with the Nexus One. I need wireless earphones with a volume control, pause/play, and built-in mic.

kevindaledavis
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I need wireless earphones with a volume control, pause/play, and built-in mic.

There have been several comments to say that iPhone wired headsets work. You could test this at an Apple Store :)

Certainly post your results.
:nexusx:

alphawave7
02-12-2010, 02:45 AM

harrisgarryas
12-08-2010, 04:32 AM
I have small earholes. I just got an IPod suffle, and the headpones they included are the round earbuds. I have never had success with these. They pop out of my ears! I have actual headphones, but I don't think they're all that comfortable (and they mess up my hair!). I know there are other types of earbuds out there. What brands/types do you recommend?
Ringing in the ears NC (http://carolinahearingdoctors.com/ringing-in-the-ears)

danger-rat
12-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Wow - big bump! xD

I use the Motorola S9 Bluetooth headphones. They seal to your ear like buds, but are less intrusive...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk