PDA

View Full Version : Exiting Browser

N1David
03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Is there a quick way to exit the standard app browser?
i.e. I am on one page and navigate from that page to another, then to another...
When I want to exit the browser I have to hit the back key back through all those pages (and sometimes I get into some serious reading and webpage browsing and I am hitting the back button for 5 minutes it seems to close the browser)

Thanks

keyplyr
03-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Tap the home soft key.

N1David
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
But three more questions come up.
1. I was under the impression that if I tap the Home Soft Key from an open app that it still leaves the app running and just shows the home screen. Is that correct?
a. If yes, then I am not exiting the app and my question is unanswered.
b. If no, then when I tap the Home Soft Key to get to the home screen and close browser; why the next time I open the browser it opens to the page I was last on? Am I missing a setting for it to go back to the home page?

N1David
03-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Just checking in, I haven't received a reply.

Bishop6
03-21-2010, 03:44 PM
But three more questions come up.
1. I was under the impression that if I tap the Home Soft Key from an open app that it still leaves the app running and just shows the home screen. Is that correct?
a. If yes, then I am not exiting the app and my question is unanswered.
b. If no, then when I tap the Home Soft Key to get to the home screen and close browser; why the next time I open the browser it opens to the page I was last on? Am I missing a setting for it to go back to the home page?

Ans:

1) Yes

2a) If you really want to see / stop apps running on your phone, I would try a market app like 'Process Monitor'.

I'm sure there are other market apps, but you get the drift.

N1David
03-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for your reply and help. I appreciate it.