Android Wear Apps

This is a discussion on Android Wear Apps within the Beginning Developers forums, part of the Android Development category; Has anyone had a chance to make Android wear apps? Before I get a device I was wondering how the workflow is if you use ...

Thread: Android Wear Apps

Android Wear Apps

Has anyone had a chance to make Android wear apps? Before I get a device I was wondering how the workflow is if you use an iPhone as your primary device.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum! You won't be able to use your Android wear smartwatch to its fullest potential with an iPhone. You'll only get the most basic of notifications from Twitter, Facebook, Outlook & Whatsapp. You won't be able to read the messages the way you would if you had an actual Android device connected, only receive a notification. I believe Instagram is currently the only app in which you're able to read the actual message on the watch itself. All others apps would require you to get your iPhone out and read the message on your iPhone.
    As for fitness related apps, it'll count your steps & offer basic activity tracking, but the data won't actually appear on your iPhones Apple Health app. Personally I would advise against it. Either pair an Android device with an Android smartwatch, or an IPhone with an Apple watch. Only then will you truly be able to utilize the smartwatch the way it was meant to be used.
    Good luck and holler if there's anything else we can help you with.

S5 tap'n

Can someone recommend an Android Wear devices (Brands) that's not so expensive and but has great features the same with the expensive Android wear device.

Thanks cr6 for the reply, I definitely foresee the difficulty. I guess on a deeper level I was hoping it would be possible to make apps that would bridge this divide. Hoping the incompatibilities are more software based rather than the android wear Api.
    Ultimately you're right, an android device will serve the best results. ::braces for reaction:: im not big on smartphones at all, opting for a flip phone as my daily user, with a work provided smartphone for all other tasks. I guess I got in too early and was dissappointed with the limitations but I'm circling back now.
    That said I think smart watches are cresting into maturity and they are packed full of opportunity for cool and useful apps. The amount of sensors they have built into a small package make them great platforms.

RosaLally, I've found the Sony SmartWatch 3 to be a good starter. At least that's the one I'm looking to get, the Asus Zen is also pretty nice. The Sony SW3 can be had for $99 on Amazon, refurbished. You can't beat that price!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links