Compile AOSP From Source - Semi-Complete Guide (it worked for me!)

This is a discussion on Compile AOSP From Source - Semi-Complete Guide (it worked for me!) within the Beginning Developers forums, part of the Android Development category; Originally Posted by Droid-Xer Damn Mader! Makes me wanna get Ubuntu up and running just to play around with this...great write up! I thought you ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Compile AOSP From Source - Semi-Complete Guide (it worked for me!)

  1. #11
    Rescue Squad 1KDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    173
    Thanked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Damn Mader! Makes me wanna get Ubuntu up and running just to play around with this...great write up!
    I thought you had it running a while back :confused:




  2. #12
    Super Moderator Droid-Xer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    2,239
    Thanked
    59 times
    Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Nope never got it going. Kept getting a permission error and I'm rarely on the pc for that long to figure it out. I've downloaded Ubuntu, burned it to a disc, tried, installing straight from PC and still get permission errors. I'll just do the lazy thing and order the disc.
    Last edited by Droid-Xer; 01-31-2011 at 10:47 PM.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Nope never got it going. Kept getting a permission error and I'm rarely on the pc for that long to figure it out. I've downloaded Ubuntu, burned it to a disc, tried, installing straight from PC and still get permission errors. I'll just do the lazy thing and order the disc.
    Download it and burn it slow... like 4x. My burner seems to mess disks up when burnt faster.

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  4. #14
    Themer cush2push's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    new mexicos
    Posts
    48
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Nope never got it going. Kept getting a permission error and I'm rarely on the pc for that long to figure it out. I've downloaded Ubuntu, burned it to a disc, tried, installing straight from PC and still get permission errors. I'll just do the lazy thing and order the disc.

    i actually did the duel boot to get 10.4 then i dowmloaded 10.10 and used ubuntus startup disk creator to make the disk then swapped fully over to ubuntu and bye bye windows never looked back
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

  5. #15
    Super Moderator Droid-Xer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    2,239
    Thanked
    59 times
    Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Ya I'll try the slow burn. It would get to about 70% completion and then say permissions error. It would give me a directory to look into, but that would run into a dead end as the directory it told me to look into wasn't there. I suppose I'll just purchase the actual Ubuntu disc and try a slow burn in the meantime.

  6. #16
    Themer cush2push's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    new mexicos
    Posts
    48
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Ya I'll try the slow burn. It would get to about 70% completion and then say permissions error. It would give me a directory to look into, but that would run into a dead end as the directory it told me to look into wasn't there. I suppose I'll just purchase the actual Ubuntu disc and try a slow burn in the meantime.
    if you have to buy it you're losing your money it is a open source free item
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

  7. #17
    Super Moderator Droid-Xer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    2,239
    Thanked
    59 times
    Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Quote Originally Posted by cush2push View Post
    if you have to buy it you're losing your money it is a open source free item
    Lol! Ya I know its open source freeware but I've tried a handful of times and no go. I figure the disc will be idiot proof for me. Its a windows 7 64-bit, I don't know if that makes a difference.

  8. #18
    Themer cush2push's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    new mexicos
    Posts
    48
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    Lol! Ya I know its open source freeware but I've tried a handful of times and no go. I figure the disc will be idiot proof for me. Its a windows 7 64-bit, I don't know if that makes a difference.
    i was running windows 7 64 bit but i didnt try to go straight ov to ubuntu i did the duel boot option at first to test it out duel boot all you have to do is download it and it does everything else for you might be worth a shot it will be 10.4 not 10.10 both good systems
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

  9. #19
    Super Moderator Droid-Xer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    2,239
    Thanked
    59 times
    Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    I tried that with 10.10 from here Download | Ubuntu but that's where I had my problems. So you think I should try 10.4 and then upgrade?

  10. #20
    Themer cush2push's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    new mexicos
    Posts
    48
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    I tried that with 10.10 from here Download | Ubuntu but that's where I had my problems. So you think I should try 10.4 and then upgrade?
    i would it worked for me 10.4 duel boot then did the 10.10 complete system and left windows and unfortunately all my theme files behind lol
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 09:12 PM
  2. Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide
    By maderschramm in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
  3. [Droid X Guide] Undervolting Guide
    By xrazedx in forum Android Rooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 05:53 PM
  4. AOSP Will Have Gingerbread 2.3 Source Today
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 04:27 PM
  5. HTC Desire HD Source Code Released
    By DF Member in forum HTC Desire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM

Search tags for this page

build aosp from source

,
build aosp gingerbread
,
build aosp ubuntu 11.04
,

building aosp from source

,
building aosp on snow leopard
,

compile aosp

,

compile aosp from source

,
compiling aosp
,
compiling aosp from source
,
compiling aosp on redhat
,
how to build aosp for htc desire
,

how to build aosp from source

,

how to compile aosp

,
how to compile aosp from source
,
yet build aosp
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum