Help with compiling XMLs

This is a discussion on Help with compiling XMLs within the Beginning Developers forums, part of the Android Development category; Hey y'all I'm modifying and theming a rom (Project Elite 4.2) to look how I want it to. Been pretty fun, but I haven't been ...

Thread: Help with compiling XMLs

Help with compiling XMLs

Hey y'all
    I'm modifying and theming a rom (Project Elite 4.2) to look how I want it to. Been pretty fun, but I haven't been able to do one thing, and that's correctly compiling the framework-res.apk after I've edited an XML.

I know with the images I just modify and drop back in the stock apk, but xmls have to be compiled back in to the binary that it can read, and my computer doesn't want to do that. I have all of the necessary software to do everything (pretty sure): Eclipse, Android SDK, Java JDK, APKmanager, xUltimate-9Patch, 7-Zip, and others like Frhed and RSD Lite. I'm running a WinXP until I can get everything figured out on Linux (thru Parallels on Mac) and installed then I will try it on there.

Is there anything in particular you may see with my set up that is making APKmanager not want to correctly compile an xml? Or if there is another way I can try that you can point me to?

Thanks

*Mods, not sure if this should go in here or Themes. If you think it should go elsewhere please move it. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If your framework-res has dependencies I've seen it fail in re-compiling, but APKManager usually has no problems. Will it not re-compile, or is it not working after a re-compile?

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

It's not compiling correctly. I select option 11 to compile, it says it's building, then it says an error, press any key to continue. So (trying it a few times) I either did:
    1) continued with the error and hit any key. Y and Y, then deleted the modified xmls and .arsc out of the keep folder. The resulting "unsigned..apk" doesn't include the xml that I edited. So I didn't even bother trying to flash to the phone because it boot loops.

or

2) closed the apkmanager without continuing to look at the error log. A lot of what comes up is pretty much (from what I can tell) is every xml in the drawable folder "... .xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/jog_tab_bar_left_end_pressed')" ... but everything is in the decompiled folder to be compiled, and all but one file was modified, and it was a color hex code, not a @... statement
    Last edited by Bazar6; 02-15-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: extra info added

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links