Not Getting Location Updates

This is a discussion on Not Getting Location Updates within the Beginning Developers forums, part of the Android Development category; I have written an activity when started will get location updates of the smart phone itself and write somewhere with the help of a web ...

Thread: Not Getting Location Updates

Not Getting Location Updates

I have written an activity when started will get location updates of the smart phone itself and write somewhere with the help of a web service.

For that purpose I have have followed some kep setps as below -
    • <uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"></uses-permission>
    • <uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"></uses-permission>

• LocationManager locManager = (LocationManager) getSystemService(Context.
      LOCATION_SERVICE
      );
      // Get the best provider from the criteria specified, and false to say it can turn the provider on if it isn't already
      // String bestProvider = locManager.getBestProvider(criteria, false);
      List<String> providers = locManager.getAllProviders();Iterator itr=providers.iterator();
      while
      ( itr.hasNext())
      this
      );
      this, pr, Toast.LENGTH_LONG
      ).show();
    This how I have registered for location updates

• public
      void onLocationChanged(Location location) {// TODO Auto-generated method stub
      try {latitude = location.getLatitude();longitude = location.getLongitude();Toast.makeText(this, "Location Changed", Toast.LENGTH_LONG);addrList = geoCoder.getFromLocation(latitude, longitude, 3);new CallWebService().doInBackground();} catch (Exception e) {Log.i("Error while getiing Location Updates", e.getMessage());errFlg = true;}}
      This is how I have handled the event, locationChanged

I am putting toast messages for testing purpose & from that I have observed that the controls never goes in locationChanged method.

i.e. I am not getting location updates.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am sorry for the code in my last post , it was distorted by some reason.

Now this my refined post.

I have written an activity when started will get location updates of the smart phone itself and write somewhere with the help of a web service.

For that purpose I have have followed some kep setps as below -
    • <uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"></uses-permission>
    • <uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"></uses-permission>

• LocationManager locManager = (LocationManager) getSystemService(Context.
      LOCATION_SERVICE);// Get the best provider from the criteria specified, and false to say it can turn the provider on if it isn't already
      // String bestProvider = locManager.getBestProvider(criteria, false);
      List<String> providers = locManager.getAllProviders();Iterator itr=providers.iterator();
      while( itr.hasNext()){String pr=(String)itr.next();locManager.requestLocationUp dates(pr, 1050000L, 50, this);Toast.makeText(this, pr, Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();}
      This how I have registered for location updates

• public
        void onLocationChanged(Location location) {// TODO Auto-generated method stubtry {latitude = location.getLatitude();longitude = location.getLongitude();Toast.makeText(this, "Location Changed", Toast.LENGTH_LONG);addrList = geoCoder.getFromLocation(latitude, longitude, 3);new CallWebService().doInBackground();} catch (Exception e) {Log.i("Error while getiing Location Updates", e.getMessage());errFlg = true;}}
        This is how I have handled the event, locationChanged

I am putting toast messages for testing purpose & from that I have observed that the controls never goes in locationChanged method.

i.e. I am not getting location updates.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links