UMB for Nexus One

This is a discussion on UMB for Nexus One within the Bell Canada forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I have the unlimited mobile browsing from bell which was included in my package, what are APN settings to use UMB for bell? Is this ...

Thread: UMB for Nexus One

UMB for Nexus One

I have the unlimited mobile browsing from bell which was included in my package, what are APN settings to use UMB for bell? Is this even possible?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that bell will allow you to use mobile browsing. I think you will need to either add a data package to your current plan or switch to a smartphone combo plan. I'd check with them first to avoid surprise charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy183 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that bell will allow you to use mobile browsing. I think you will need to either add a data package to your current plan or switch to a smartphone combo plan. I'd check with them first to avoid surprise charges.
    Correct!!

You will be forced to take / add a 'DP'.

I'm stuck away from home at the moment, but my N1 is waiting patiently at home for me.

Just a heads up, according to a bell store in Ottawa if you are switching from a CDMA phone to 3G as I am, the sim card will cost $5 at The store. I thought "oh that's reasonable". She then proceeded to tell me there would be a $35 charge on my bill for the change, even though I'm doing it myself on their site.

Needless to say that won't be happening, I'm off contract so I have no issue telling bell where to put their service, but just a heads up about the charge (gouge).

I just transferred my Bell pre-paid plan from my old phone to my new N1.
    The card cost me 5$ and the phone works great. With the plan i have i get unlimited mobile browsing. I would like to know how to set the phone to be able to browse.

Do you have the 'APN' settings from your old phone, for the Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy183 View Post
    She then proceeded to tell me there would be a $35 charge on my bill for the change, even though I'm doing it myself on their site.

Needless to say that won't be happening, I'm off contract so I have no issue telling bell where to put their service, but just a heads up about the charge (gouge).
    That is pretty wack. If they try to charge me, I'm gone.... I have a pretty good plan, but I think I can get a better plan from Telus through my work.

I never used the browsing feature from my old phone. This is a pre-paid package that they don't offer anymore.when i went to change my plan online it told me i would lose my mobile browser if i continued, so obviously i stopped.
    my apn settings on N1=pda.bell.ca
    proxy=server:web.wireless.bell.ca
    port=80

Thanx

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links