Purchased My Nexus One / Activated on Telus

This is a discussion on Purchased My Nexus One / Activated on Telus within the Bell Canada forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Well I finally got off my rear, and ordered up my N1. Since they are planning on shutting down their online store, I figured I ...

Thread: Purchased My Nexus One / Activated on Telus

Purchased My Nexus One / Activated on Telus

Well I finally got off my rear, and ordered up my N1. Since they are planning on shutting down their online store, I figured I better act now while I still can.

So here's how my overall experience has gone so far...

Placed my order on Monday June 7th (around 5pm), received my order on Wednesday June 9th late evening. Wow, fast! No issues at all.

I ordered the N1, with the spare battery, dock, and car kit. Total came to $745.00 CND including shipping. Customs clearance charged to me by DHL was an extra $40.00 (reasonable).

I took my phone into a Telus store since my old one doesn't use a Sim Card. I was charged $10.00 for the Sim Card, plus $25.00 for the hardware swap. (I'm currently still on contract) and added a data plan to my account. I was out of the store in about 10min.

I got home and realized that the phone and sms functionality was working perfectly, but I had no 3G connection. Doh!! So I made my call to Telus. Despite the Tech not knowing (or ever hearing about) my phone, he was very helpful and made a really good effort at helping me.

Short version to get it working:
    - Browse to Settings / Wireless & Network Settings / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names
    - Press the Menu key and select New APN.
    - Change APN Name to Telus SP
    - Change APN to sp.telus.com
    - Menu / Save Settings.
    - Power down the phone, then turn it back on.

That's it, after that everything was working perfectly.

Overall, I'm very pleased so far. Great device, no regrets, and I've barely scratched the surface with this thing so far...

Cheers,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You still need the mms apn. I am on TELUS too.

Congrats on your purchase. The n1 is an awesome phone.

Make sure to get the HTC keyboard. So much faster and easier to use than the stock keyboard.

Pm me if you need the apn and keyboard.

Thanks Blue, I never even though of mms. I hardly use it. I should get that setup though.

Can you post the mms apn info in this thread? I just thought all this might be helpful to people searching for it in the future.

Update:

Did some research and figured it out. Sending and receiving MMS just fine now.

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
    MMS Port: 80

Save Settings / Power down phone.

Cheers,

Welcome Xy()niX!

So how is it? Hows browsing the web? Call quality? I really want to get one but I am entering university September so I spent my $$ on summer classes haha.

You think bell would give me credit on my bill equal to $600 if I renewed my contract for 3 years without getting a phone from them?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links