Canadian Bell Network?

This is a discussion on Canadian Bell Network? within the Bell Canada forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by asechris I am running one of the new 850MHz edition N1's and the voice works great BUT data = nothing. They say ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Bell Network?

Quote Originally Posted by asechris View Post
    I am running one of the new 850MHz edition N1's and the voice works great BUT data = nothing. They say they are in testing and should have it working in a few weeks.

I can only hope.

Anyone else been able to get their N1 running on Bell Canada ? (Data + Voice?)

Cheers,
    Chris

Don't hold your breath...

I was speaking with a Bell rep today, and they said everything should be fine once you set the APN Settings and there were no reported issues.
    My N1 should be here tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out!

I've finally activated my phone with Rogers.
    But I'd like to know if it's now possible to move that toward the Bell network?
    I've the first version of the Nexus availible.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by plsavaria View Post
    I've finally activated my phone with Rogers.
    But I'd like to know if it's now possible to move that toward the Bell network?
    I've the first version of the Nexus availible.
    Thanks.
    Bell and Rogers use a different band for GSM and what I heard from others who had the first generation Nexus, it did not work on Bell, but Rogers yes.

Your best bet would be to get a bell sim card and confirm if that is the case or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Your best bet would be to get a bell sim card and confirm if that is the case or not...
    Tried it at the beginning of the month (march 9th) and it didn't work...

I've sent an email to google to know it there'd be a way I could swap my phone with the ''new generation'', still waiting for a reply.

I still think you will be out of luck, because the next gen. (which was just released) Nexus is for the Rogers network (Canadian market I'm referring to) and it still will not work on the Bell system, as they and Telus use different bands for GSM.

The new gen seems to get 3G over the 850mhz band for bell or telus, according to an official answer on google's support.
    Using the phone with a SIM card from your mobile service provider : Place an order - Nexus One Help

Out of curiosity, has anyone ordered a Nexus One from Canada? Is so, do they charge the taxes (both federal and provincial?)?

Quote Originally Posted by plsavaria View Post
    The new gen seems to get 3G over the 850mhz band for bell or telus, according to an official answer on google's support.
    Using the phone with a SIM card from your mobile service provider : Place an order - Nexus One Help
    Remember though, the same phone that gives you 3G for Bell and Telus, can't give you 3G for Rogers!!

So they made a mistake?

(from the link)
    3G coverage on networks that use the 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on AT&T in the US and Rogers Wireless, Bell Mobility and TELUS in Canada)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links