Canadian Bell Network?

This is a discussion on Canadian Bell Network? within the Bell Canada forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; From what I read on Wikipedia... The Verizon (CDMA) release date is March 23rd. Does Verizon use the same bands as Bell on 3G? (also ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Bell Network?

Post Canadian Bell Network?

From what I read on Wikipedia... The Verizon (CDMA) release date is March 23rd. Does Verizon use the same bands as Bell on 3G? (also CDMA) -- Because It would be nice to have some sort of decent non-Apple phone here in Canada.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
    From what I read on Wikipedia... The Verizon (CDMA) release date is March 23rd. Does Verizon use the same bands as Bell on 3G? (also CDMA) -- Because It would be nice to have some sort of decent non-Apple phone here in Canada.
    My understanding is the Verizon and Bell do use the same 3G frequency, 1900mhz... but I know 'Wind' has been in talks with Google to bring the Nexus to Canada because their 3G is the same as ATT.

I guess Canada will see the Nexus, whether under 'Wind' or 'Bell' etc. time will tell.

When I called Bell's phone support two weeks ago, the N1 was supposed to be working on their network, but not at 3G speeds (which I didn't care since I don't want to use a mobile data plan).

I recieved it last week but I didn't have time to activate it during Bell's opened hours.

This weekend, I've tried my N1 with a friend's Blackberry sim card (from Roger's network) to make a call and it worked like a charm instantly.

Half an hour ago, I went to my local Bell store to activate a sim card (my old phone didn't have one) but it doesn't seem to be recognized by the network. The clerk said it could take as long as an hour (which happens rarely, he said).

If it still doesn't work in 90 minutes, I'll call the tech support. Do you have any guidelines as to what I should mention/ask him?

Thanks.

You should have no problem with 2G, as I mentioned before; you will not get 3G.

Nothing special needs to be asked, except their MMS setting.

Still ''no service availible''.

Just ended a loong call to tech support.

It doesn't work and even though the frequency is supported. I seem to be out of luck.

I suppose I can call back about the ''MMS settings''.
    What are these and what must I have to do with them?

Thanks in advance!

Text message...

But since the phone doesn't seem to see the network, that wouldn't change anything, right?

Question

Correct!! it was an FYI...

Another FYI... Bell and Telus use their 850 / 1900MHZ for their 3G, where as Rogers use it for 2G.
    Bell / Telus do not have 2G;GSM to fall back on.

In any case, if someone has an idea if/when it will be possible to use the N1 on Bell network, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bell Canada No Data yet

I am running one of the new 850MHz edition N1's and the voice works great BUT data = nothing. They say they are in testing and should have it working in a few weeks.

I can only hope.

Anyone else been able to get their N1 running on Bell Canada ? (Data + Voice?)

Cheers,
    Chris

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links