Has someone attempted to Root and/or Install, Flash a Custom ROM on my phone?

This is a discussion on Has someone attempted to Root and/or Install, Flash a Custom ROM on my phone? within the Custom Android Roms forums, part of the Android Development category; I sold my Android phone recently, which was only 3 months old and in perfect condition. However, the person I sold it to was using ...

Thread: Has someone attempted to Root and/or Install, Flash a Custom ROM on my phone?

Has someone attempted to Root and/or Install, Flash a Custom ROM on my phone?

I sold my Android phone recently, which was only 3 months old and in perfect condition. However, the person I sold it to was using it for around a month without any problems. Then all of a sudden he said the phone was stuck on the Android logo/Boot up screen and does not go to the Swipe screen to unlock screen. I am assuming he has tried to root the phone or install, flash a custom ROM, but messed it up. Is it possible to find out whether or not someone has attempted (incorrectly) to root the phone or install a custom ROM, causing it to be stuck on the boot menu, by looking at the phone? Note: Power ON + Volume Up/Down is still functional on the phone. Or is there another possible reason as to why this could of happened?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Re: Has someone attempted to Root and/or Install, Flash a Custom ROM on my phone?

Welcome to the forum! He's had the phone for a month now so it's no longer your concern. (As far as him wanting his money back imo) That said, It definitely sounds like he "soft bricked" it, in an attempt to root it. Any number of things could have caused this, but usually flashing the wrong file for his particular model phone.
    It IS easy to recover from however as long as he can still get into download mode. I can't really give you anymore information without knowing the make and model of his device.

tap'n

Hi,you sad that Power ON + Volume Up/Down is still functional ,thats meen you can safe your phone but ...... what is
    Your model phone !?

Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links