{ROM Release} Project Elite GingerBread (v5.0.1) for D1- built from AOSP!

This is a discussion on {ROM Release} Project Elite GingerBread (v5.0.1) for D1- built from AOSP! within the Custom Android Roms forums, part of the Android Development category; If you're looking for a fast, smooth, and stable GB rom for your OG Droid, check this out! Actngrezy over at DF (who has now ...

Thread: {ROM Release} Project Elite GingerBread (v5.0.1) for D1- built from AOSP!

{ROM Release} Project Elite GingerBread (v5.0.1) for D1- built from AOSP!

If you're looking for a fast, smooth, and stable GB rom for your OG Droid, check this out! Actngrezy over at DF (who has now partnered with MoJo_Droid) has been putting out some of the fastest, most stable, and most popular roms for the past few months. Now, he has released a GB rom for the D1, and it is NICE!!

Actngrezy truly enjoys developing for the D1, and it shows in his work. He and his team (MoJo and GirLuvsDroid) provide great support; and, to top it all off, Actngrezy is just one of the nicest guys around! I, and many, many others over at DF truly appreciate all of the hard work and quality roms.

What are you waiting for - go get yo'self some!!

Here are some thread links, and the OP's from the threads (with dl links) are posted below:

{ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread ASOP - Page 49 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

{Update to version 5.0 PEGB} 5.0.1 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

POSTED BY ACTNGREZY

Ok here it is. mojo and I have worked very hard on this release. Please read this as there is important information. Although this is based on asop it would not have been possible with out the cm team. I'd like to thank the memebers of the cm team for all the fixes to allow the droid to have a stable version of gingerbread. The guys over there are awesome!
    2nd. some man noticed every once and a while 3g may disappear. I don't seem to have these issues often but i have heard this on every gb rom so far and I have heard that there are issues on other phones as well. If you notice your 3g is gone go into airplane mode and back out and it will come back.
    3rd. The rom is def stable and has some killer features I hope you enjoy this release as much as I do and there is more to come. usb tethering in the settings does not work please download a tether app from the market. this is being worked on.

Also youtube, facebook, twitter, voicesearch, maps etc are no longer included in the rom. Gmail, the newesr carhome and google search are the other you must download from the market.

screenshots, changelog and everythign else will be posted shortly but we are very excited to bring this to you. (DO NOT USE any other themes from earlier version or other gb roms!)
    Also there are some new feature in e.o that allow you to install kernels, ringtoens and other stuff that requires an update.zip if you use clockwork this will automatically install (thank you to gflam for help with the script) if you use spr it will reboot you into recovery and then continue as normal.

The enite p.e team did awesome and Mojo_droid and I have really worked hard to bring you this so i hope you enjoy. Any thanks or crdit goes to the p.e team and please Mojo_droid deserves just as much credit for the rom as I do.

(Please Wipe first!!!!!) also if you use titanium backup please follow these instructions below. and if you still have problem wipe and do not use tb let the market restore you apps.
    http://www.moddedlogic.com/pe/howto.php#TB

Download:
    The rom has been updated to version 5.0.1 if you download as of 2/24/11 9:25pm EST you are on the updated version.If you downloaded before please see this link to update

{Update to version 5.0 PEGB} 5.0.1

Also with the camera button. you get weird vibrates if you hold in down to long. you dont not need to hold it lik ewe use to.just give the camera button one quick press and it will open no more hloding it down like before waiting fo rit to open.

ProjectElitev5

Changelog:
    CHangelog

Screenshots:
    Screenshots

Kernels by Raidzero and PeterAlfonso

we have several kernel available for Project Elite Gingerbread. Big thanks to Raidzero for his awesome kernels and we have added a new one from peter alfonso. Each of these kernel are awesome and should allopw you to have a smooth gb experience. Depending on if you want speed , battery life , etc each may pefrom a bit differently.
    We have lv and sv from Raidzero and a special kernel from Peter Alfonso with some different settings worked out with the p.e team.
    KernelLink

THEMES:
    these will be comign shortly. We have been spednign so much time on teh rom and have no thad a chance to do the normal themes but the themers have been given a copy a tad early and have been working hard to bring you the themes you all enjoy. Plus we are starting to work a theme I hope you enjoy but well see.

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

POSTED BY ACTNGREZY

This is an update to version 5. This will take you to version 5.0.1
    This is to explain how to use the update feature. You don not need to flash a new rom. you must be on version 5 to flash this update.
    Instead of flashing the update below you can use the new feature in Elite Settings "check for rom update" with clockwork recovery if will automatically flash the update for you. If you are on rzr or spr you must delete any update.zip on your sdcard before using this feature. I did not want to overwrite anyone files on the sdcard by placing an update.zip on your care and overwriting a previous one so for this to work you much not have an update.zip on your sdcard. Again thats for rzr and spr. with rzr and spr you then proceed to flash as normal when the phone reboots into recovery.

This update includes:
    the fix for transparency support. this is for themers you now only have to swap out the pulldown image in the framwork and systemui.apk to obtain transparency.

the fix for the battery when selecting to hide the battery

updated market to 2.3.3

fixed scripts for updating gmail and titanium backup through Elite Settings

Below is the link if you would prefer to flash the update the normal way as if you were flash a rom but you need to be on version 5.0 for this and it will update you to version 5.0.1

WARNING!!! if you are on a theme it will mess your theme up since systemui.apk was replaced. all themers should use the systemui.apk from this update for it has another fix besides transparency. please be aware of this

ProjectElite_update

Hell yea for PEv5.0(.2)... PE has worked better than any other ROM I've ever had on my phone, and now, with this 5.0 (GB) I'm now able to run a 1200 kernel (by RZ) without bootlooping!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links