{**ROM Release**} CyanogenMod 7.0.0 - RC2 for Droid (MotoDroid / OG Droid)

This is a discussion on {**ROM Release**} CyanogenMod 7.0.0 - RC2 for Droid (MotoDroid / OG Droid) within the Custom Android Roms forums, part of the Android Development category; ... it's FINALLY here! The much-awaited RC for the Droid / MotoDroid / OG Droid / [whatever you call it!] has finally hit the pavement! ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: {**ROM Release**} CyanogenMod 7.0.0 - RC2 for Droid (MotoDroid / OG Droid)

{**ROM Release**} CyanogenMod 7.0.0 - RC2 for Droid (MotoDroid / OG Droid)

... it's FINALLY here! The much-awaited RC for the Droid / MotoDroid / OG Droid / [whatever you call it!] has finally hit the pavement! (or the sdcards...)

Per CVPCS's Twitter: "The Droid RC is here: http://mirror.cyanogenmod.com/?device=sholes and yes, we skipped RC1 so that we stay conistant with other devices." (link)

**Neither I, Android.net, nor CyanogenMod is responsible for any damage to your device as a result of any unauthorized modifications to your device.**

***All credit goes to CyanogenMod for the release***
    From the OP @ CyanogenMod Forums (link):

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Motorola Droid, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Issues?
    Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".

• If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.

Download Links:
    CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.0.0-RC2-Droid
    Download: link
    Mirror: link
    MD5sum: 80e59cbdfaf5f16809d3e2b91320213c

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110307

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

###

-=:RaidZero Recovery *updated* to v2.0.3:=-
    In my opinion, there is no better recovery than raidzero's. Everyone I know that's tried it has agreed. I could list ALL the features of this wondrous recovery, but truthfully you'd be better off to just trust me and everyone else who swears by it and go ahead and download it :
    http://www.android.net/forum/android...zrecovery.html
    **RZRecovery recovery is flashable (update.zip format) from SPRecovery, ClockworkMod Recovery, and from within itself (you can flash the updated RZRecovery while using RZRecovery! smooth!). Just flash the update.zip in recovery, and reboot into recovery and you're ready to start flashing with RZR!**
    *For those of you who don't like the idea of flashing a recovery from recovery, raidzero also provides a recovery-only SBF

*If you choose to donate, here is the link to donate to the CynaogenMod Team*
    Last edited by RayBan; 03-10-2011 at 10:35 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Loaded it up. Fire up SetCPU and clock it to 125/800 with on-demand and it seems to SNAP.

Now let's see how my battery holds up. :D
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Loaded it up. Fire up SetCPU and clock it to 125/800 with on-demand and it seems to SNAP.

Now let's see how my battery holds up. :D
    i run mine using the built-in performance settings @ freq = 125-800 set on interactive and ditch setcpu for extra battery life (i never use profile tho -- the only reason i use setcpu is to monitor the prelim cpu temps when i first flash a new rom/kernel to make sure it's agreeable then i kill the app to save resources and cut down on my boot time) ... and i had awesome battery life (12-15 hours with REAL use). i also found that interactive helped it to *stay* snappy after hours of use without a reboot.

particularly, scrolling in the app drawer with ADW ... ondemand makes the scroll shutter / lag, whereas interactive is just a monumental BLUR OF APPS lol

edit: also in speaking with raidzero, it seems that not only does the interactive gov upscale the cpu freq faster, but it also scales down faster as well. if you're using setcpu, i've found that setting the "minimum refresh rate" (or whatever it is) under "advanced" to -1 for minimum up/down scaling interval really helps the cpu scale quickly in both directions thus increasing *both* perceived performance and battery life
    Last edited by RayBan; 03-09-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I've used interactive and I've not seen it step down slower if you're doing anything with the phone, but that was earlier versions of the governor. I don't have any profiles set up so I'll see how it goes with it stepping up slower while the screen's off.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    I've used interactive and I've not seen it step down slower if you're doing anything with the phone, but that was earlier versions of the governor. I don't have any profiles set up so I'll see how it goes with it stepping up slower while the screen's off.
    do you mean faster? interactive is supposed to upscale fast *and* downscale fast, so that way you spend as little time as possible at the higher cpu freqs so you can save battery without compromising performance... (and fwiw interactive _for me_ is always MUCH more responsive than ondemand)

and setting the min refresh interval to -1 just calls the system's lowest possible value (in ms) for the refresh rate, so you should see that it scales up and down much quicker than the standard value.

i do remember the days of the first interactive kernels ... slayher's 1ghz and 1.1 ghz were the best... and yes those ran hot and ate up battery like a hot dog champion, but were also blazing fast... until your phone rebooted from heat lol

but that was also before the JIT compiler so the default min for slayher's kernels even up to v1.6 was still 300mhz. now it's a completely different story. "standard voltage" isn't even a bad word anymore with the stock cm7 kernel!

...for awhile, it was like "stock voltage?? why the heck would you make a STOCK VOLTAGE kernel?" lol bc back then it would lag and lock up and run at 35C at only 600mhz and have like 4.5 hours of battery life lol

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    No, I mean slower. I said it, I stand by it. I've seen it hang at 800MHz for thirty or more seconds when I didn't think anything was going on with my phone. Like I said, though, it was an early version of the governor. Slayher 1.6 kernels did not play well with my phone in heat, battery, or performance. Did give me a functional compcache, though.

i knew you weren't the type to mis-"speak" lol yeah i remember those days too. i always got the feeling that the old-school interactive govs were really just a wacky version of performance gov that decided to scale down only once the phone reached the verge of a reboot lol

i'd give interactive another shot if i were you :D ... it's done well for me on the cm7 nightlies and ud3 nightly 2/22. about a week ago i decided to watch my battery, and i got 26+ hours of battery running the stock cm7 kernel at 125-800 interactive w/out setcpu... and with regular use. and no "babying" going on to juke the stats either. pretty awesome.

I have a question. I got this rom running all except I can't seem to download any apps from the market. Also none of my apps seem to appear. any thoughts?

What's a Bieber?

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Did you flash the app pack?

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gyver View Post
    I have a question. I got this rom running all except I can't seem to download any apps from the market. Also none of my apps seem to appear. any thoughts?
    did you wipe fully before the install? i see you're using RZR ... did you "wipe all" or just /data and /cache?

i recommend a full system wipe on this one if you're coming from another ROM, in addition to the usual data and cache, as well as dalvik cache.

also, by "none of my apps seem to appear" do you mean that they aren't showing up under "my apps" in the market?

let us know if that does fixes your issues.

*EDIT: also, are you running the *updated* rzrecovery? (link)
    Last edited by RayBan; 03-10-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links