TUTORIAL: Making Themes

This is a discussion on TUTORIAL: Making Themes within the Custom Android Themes forums, part of the Android Development category; OK then. It is easy. Just click "Color" (or maybe it is "Tools" ) at the top. And then click "colorize". Note: the image has ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TUTORIAL: Making Themes

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    OK then. It is easy. Just click "Color" (or maybe it is "Tools" ) at the top. And then click "colorize".

Note: the image has to be in the RGB color format. To change it to RGB, click "Image", then "Mode", and then "RGB".

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Android Enthusiast OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    sweet, will try it out, thanks for the help again
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    Anytime. To change the color, slide around the top bar. The brightness is the bottom bar. And the middle bar controls how lively the color is (I do not know a word for that).

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Android Enthusiast OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    I guess I am not meant to do this haha. I figured out how to colorize certain sections but I can't get the shades to match up properly. Like in that icon I posted a few posts back I need to match up the light shades or blue to light shades of red and the darker shades as well. I can change the inner circle to all red but it looks funny without the proper shades. Is there a way to pick the shade of blue from some of the pixels and have gimp pick the corresponding shade of red?
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

yeah, i figured out if you use the fuzzy selector and messed w/ the threshold, you can pick all shades of a certain color. then right click on the selected area and colorize from there. if you almost have it, you can set the t-hold to 0 and hold shift to pick individual pixels and control to remove them. hope this helps ya, otr.

Quote Originally Posted by dansparks78 View Post
    found a free xml editor, but most of what comes up is just a bunch of squares...chars missing from my comp i guess. could be some settings aren't right. i'll try to work on another apk or try another editor, there were a few i saw when i googled it. either way i have some fiddeling and finding to do. i've needed a project for a while. and thanks guys. maybe some day i'll be able to release something of my own.
    MAy have been said already, but you need to decompile in apkmanager to be able to edit xmls. Once changes are made, recompile following the instructions in the program, and for more control, treat every apk like a system apk. For the calculator, the xmls to edit are in the drawable folder.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

yeah, cush2push said that i'd need it. i've downloaded apkmanager, jdk6-23, the sdk installer, and couldn't find the dl link for a platform...just a rom?-- not sure if there is a difference. not sure if i'm biting off more than can chew either. seems like everything i grab needs a few other things, but i think i'm close to having it all. if i'm missing aything, let me know. my noodle's fried. gonna go at it again tomorrow. thank you all for your assistance and patience.

edit: didn't need a link for the platforms, sdk does it for you, good deal. once it's done getting the stuff it needs, let's see if i can get anywhere.
    Last edited by dansparks78; 01-24-2011 at 10:48 AM.

I am definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for the right up!! Going to start small, with an app, then work my way up to a whole ROM.

alright, here we go. changed the calc buttons, i think. gonna flash and see if it works.

One thing about the updater-script is it needs to be edited by a text editor that doesn't include spaces.

Notepad++, gedit, vim, etc.

Notepad wont work.

Might want to include in op

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App
    <- ignore the dancing android - I want to murder everyone

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links