TUTORIAL: Making Themes

This is a discussion on TUTORIAL: Making Themes within the Custom Android Themes forums, part of the Android Development category; Alright so I just read thru every post because I knew in my first read thru I saw something about .9.png. I have PhotoshopElements 9 ...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TUTORIAL: Making Themes

Alright so I just read thru every post because I knew in my first read thru I saw something about .9.png. I have PhotoshopElements 9 here at work, and CS5 (with the real PS, along with fireworks) at home. The only post I saw was on a page or two ago, and it only said they;re tricky. How do I go about changing these? Because they look nothing like what is in the rom on my phone. I'm using Project Elite 4.2, and I'm only testing the waters right now, but I'm trying to do the keyboard buttons. They are green on my phone, but the files on the comp (in .9.png) are orange. What's the deal with this?

I used APKmanager to open the rom, and I also decompiled it because I want to get in to the xml editing as well. Thanks for any help!

i'm having trouble compiling the apk after changing colors in the xml file...i've done what it said about the keep folder, tried to compile as a system and non system file, signed, unsigned, zipped and not. either i'm missing something or breaking sig...not sure. any help? i'll keep plugging away at it.

Quote Originally Posted by dansparks78 View Post
    i'm having trouble compiling the apk after changing colors in the xml file...i've done what it said about the keep folder, tried to compile as a system and non system file, signed, unsigned, zipped and not. either i'm missing something or breaking sig...not sure. any help? i'll keep plugging away at it.
    Make sure you are modding the colors.xml in the value folder and not the drawable folder
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

One quick tip if you're not sure of what goes where and what is what change each xml to a different color and load it up to see then go back to the out folder change as needed then recompile * there is no need to empty folders or decompile just go back to the out folder and mod away and recompile as needed only wipe foldrs when you are totally set on the color scheme*
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

yeah, i was using the drawable folder for xml's. found the values folder and tried that at the same time. i'll start w/ a working one, 'cuz i'm not completely sure how much i've changed exactly in frustration. i have copies of both original and png edits, just in case i messed something up big i wouldn't have to start over completely. thanks again. sucks being a noob.

yeah, i was using the drawable folder for xml's. found the values folder and tried that at the same time. i'll start w/ a working one, 'cuz i'm not completely sure how much i've changed exactly in frustration. i have copies of both original and png edits, just in case i messed something up big i wouldn't have to start over completely. thanks again. sucks being a noob.
    Fyi if you're modding a system apk like framework it won't like you modding the pngs you can only mod .9's but not pngs. No prob bro glad 2 help when I can
    CUSHZERO
    IS
    COMING
    ARE YOU
    READY

i've changed quite a few png and 9 png, w/ no prob at all. it's how i spend some time between attempts at successfully compiling an apk after editing the xml. how ever, this last attempt compiled and signed w/o a hitch, but it f/c fixed perms, rebooted still f/c. next thing to figure out, i guess.

edit: ok, compiling is going ok, i guess, but the log is saying it can't find this or that, when i'm pushing, too. also i checed the stack trace in the error report about the f/c, and "binary xml file line#5: you must supply a layout_width attribute" in two places--android.app.activiythread and content.res.typed array. i'm thinking a line got goobered up somehow. any ideas, let me know.

another edit: when i push the app, do i have to ddo it as com.yadayada, or just name.apk?
    Last edited by dansparks78; 01-25-2011 at 05:10 PM.

alright, pushed to \system\app\calculator.apk and data\app\com.android.calculator2.apk as they were listed originally listed before i got to digging...nothing...any ideas? everything is going fine, decomp, comp, push...but no results. even went as far as deleting the original apk's before push...do i need to wipe to get it to ok the modded apk? apk manager says not to sign system apps, but do need to do it anyway?

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    So you are trying to theme the Calculator.apk and the changes are not showing after the push ?

How are you "pushing" these .apk's - with terminal or via update.zip ?

Also system/apps do not need to be signed, your issue lies somewhere else - if I had a bit more info I can easily help you out

GB D1

ok, i've tried both methods to push, apk manager(terminal?) and update.zip. the only success i've had is the ud.z way. pushing doesn't work for me yet for some reason...i'll get it one day. i can get the file to my phone, but it just sits there.

using ud.z, however, it recognizes its an apk and installs just like any other flash, but when i try to open it, i get an immediate f/c. in the preview of thr error report under stack trace, i get the "java.lang.RTE : binary xml file line #5 : you must supply a layout_width attribute @ android.app.activitythread" and the same in "content.res.typedarray"

i haven't changed anything except for the png incons, and the button and text colors in values/color.xml it does the same wether i sign/don't sign in apk manager or wipe caches...i'm kinda los on this, because i havent changed anything but color.

oh yeah, if i push nothing changes or the calculator is missing completely

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links