TUTORIAL: Making Themes

This is a discussion on TUTORIAL: Making Themes within the Custom Android Themes forums, part of the Android Development category; You have to fix the permissions everytime you pusk an apk. Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TUTORIAL: Making Themes

You have to fix the permissions everytime you pusk an apk.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

doesn't work. have tried to several times, and just now to be sure, but the same line #5 layout_width errors in stack trace that i mentioned before.

think i might have figured it...i've been using regular notepad, and i just read that it inserts the return character and messes things up. will let you know how it goes w/ notepad++.

edit: used notepad++ to edit the xml, compiled rename, drag and drop, flash, fix perm, reboot....and....line 5...(insert appropriate curse here) i even left the original icons, to see if they were the reason.

android 1(well maybe 100)
    me 0

is zipalign necessary or just a space saver?
    Last edited by dansparks78; 01-26-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by dansparks78 View Post
    think i might have figured it...i've been using regular notepad, and i just read that it inserts the return character and messes things up. will let you know how it goes w/ notepad++.

edit: used notepad++ to edit the xml, compiled rename, drag and drop, flash, fix perm, reboot....and....line 5...(insert appropriate curse here) i even left the original icons, to see if they were the reason.

android 1(well maybe 100)
    me 0

is zipalign necessary or just a space saver?
    Zip-align and PNG optimizer are just space savers used to minimize RAM usage while the files are in memory.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

alright, here is exactly what i do. maybe you guys can see where something goes wrong, resulting in the line #5 error when i try to run calculator.apk

1) get the calc.apk w/ 7zip...haven't had any luck regardless of where it comes from
    2) place in to be modded folder in apk manager
    3) run script.bat, then 22, 1, 9 to select and decompile apk
    4) drag and drop png's into drawable-hdpi
    5) with notepad++ open values/colors.xml and edit the "magic_flame" and "button_text" color codes then save and close
    6) option 11 in script.bat to compile, yes to system file...sometimes keep, sometimes don't...doesn't seem to matter
    7) don't sign it, cuz it says not to
    8) sometimes zipalign...again seems to have no effect on my result
    9) copy "unsignedCalculator.apk" to desktop and rename w/o "unsigned"
    10) drag and drop it into the appropriate folder in the .zip file, overwriting existing
    11) flash .zip file
    12) fix permissions and reboot
    13) try to open calculator.apk
    14) feel like throwing something

anything that you see i've missed/done wrong? as far a i can tell and from what i've read, that's how you do it. except for the last li'l bit.

any ideas?

oh, and at step 5, i've also tried to change the color code in drawable/blue_button and button xml's with the exact same results
    Last edited by dansparks78; 01-26-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by dansparks78 View Post
    alright, here is exactly what i do. maybe you guys can see where something goes wrong, resulting in the line #5 error when i try to run calculator.apk

1) get the calc.apk w/ 7zip...haven't had any luck regardless of where it comes from
    2) place in to be modded folder in apk manager
    3) run script.bat, then 22, 1, 9 to select and decompile apk
    4) drag and drop png's into drawable-hdpi
    5) with notepad++ open values/colors.xml and edit the "magic_flame" and "button_text" color codes then save and close
    6) option 11 in script.bat to compile, yes to system file...sometimes keep, sometimes don't...doesn't seem to matter
    7) don't sign it, cuz it says not to
    8) sometimes zipalign...again seems to have no effect on my result
    9) copy "unsignedCalculator.apk" to desktop and rename w/o "unsigned"
    10) drag and drop it into the appropriate folder in the .zip file, overwriting existing
    11) flash .zip file
    12) fix permissions and reboot
    13) try to open calculator.apk
    14) feel like throwing something

anything that you see i've missed/done wrong? as far a i can tell and from what i've read, that's how you do it. except for the last li'l bit.

any ideas?

oh, and at step 5, i've also tried to change the color code in drawable/blue_button and button xml's with the exact same results
    Could you PM me the apk? I want to see what you're talking about. I've skinned my calculator before and had no issues... maybe something is wrong with your xml's?

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    Same here, I've had zero issues with theming the calculator...it has to be an xml problem

Dan, are you deleting the Resources.arsc out of the keep folder when you select the "keep" option when recompiling? And what's the reasoning behind fixing permissions? I've never had to do that. and why are you extracting the apk, then decompiling it? Extract the APK only if you are swapping out png files. decompile if you are changing xmls.

You also need to go into the keep folder to delete ANYTHING you have changed. If you swapped out PNGs, then delete the drawable-hdpi folder. If you modified xmls in the drawable folder that you changed. lastly, when you make the color changes, ensure that the leading FF's are still there, for instance if your HTML color code is 0099ff, then your color code in the xml will look like #FF0099ff. This will cause problems.

ok, when i compile and chose to copy original files over, i delete the png's themselves, i also delete the resources.arsc and the drawable/blue_button and /button (when i change them). the values folder doesn't show up in the keep folder, so i can't delete the colors and styles xml's. i'm guessing that's the resources.arsc part. anyway, not sure what i'm doing diferently today, but it's working. the only thing i can figure is i started over with the png files. but it works, keep/no keep. just to make sure i swapped out the the old png's (the ones that worked before i started changing the xml's) and....no line#5...line #6. so apparently there is something wrong there. maybe the images got corrupted w/ all of the copying and moving, or i accidentally changes the dimentions. i can send you the ones i did today, if you like...as soon as i figure out the pm and get them zipped up. shouldn't be too rough. i feel much better about all this, now that i've got something working...now for the advanced panel buttons and the +-=/* buttons.

yeah, the color thing got me round one when i was editing xmls, kept giving me errors, so i googled it, and saw that the first two were the opacity. took some digging though. also, how do you attach in a pm, looked through the icons, and couldn't find anything...the email link?

edit: i got it. i i must have messed up the png's some how, cuz i started them over,as well. but it works, from stock to all red buttons, red text and red icons!
    Last edited by dansparks78; 01-26-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Awesome, glad you got it! Lets see it!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links