So, who's interested in the Dell Streak for AT&T?

This is a discussion on So, who's interested in the Dell Streak for AT&T? within the Dell Streak 5 forums, part of the Dell Android Phones category; Just wondering if anyone has been waiting fot his big bad boy to finally be released?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, who's interested in the Dell Streak for AT&T?

Admin

So, who's interested in the Dell Streak for AT&T?

Just wondering if anyone has been waiting fot his big bad boy to finally be released?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well if there was a wi-fi only version, I would get it. That thing us way too big to be a phone.

dandroid
    I think it's almost to small for a tablet, to big for a phone. If they would have made a 7-10in version it would peak my interest more.

I would take one in a flash... i have big hands so the back flip is kinda challenging.

WERA689
    I have to agree with Dan on this one. Too big for a phone, too small for a tablet. Besides, I don't see any hardware or software advantages over any one of a number of other Android devices.

Quote Originally Posted by INeFFeCTiVE View Post
    I would take one in a flash... i have big hands so the back flip is kinda challenging.
    I have big hands too. It's just a bit too big for me to say look at my new phone. It has to be a tablet. It could be advertised as a portable tablet but then those are smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I have to agree with Dan on this one. Too big for a phone, too small for a tablet. Besides, I don't see any hardware or software advantages over any one of a number of other Android devices.
    I think the solution here would be to make a new classification for the Streak.

"Introducing the Dell Streak. The world's first phablet. Only on At&t."

Dell should hire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think it's almost to small for a tablet, to big for a phone. If they would have made a 7-10in version it would peak my interest more.
    I disagree. I think the Streak might be just the right size.

Tablets can't fit into a pocket like the Streak can. And Smart Phones don't give you enough of a screen to really make web surfing tolerable. If you only want a phone with little other capability, then the Streak probably isn't for you. And, if you only want a portable PC that you don't want to put in your pocket, then it probably isn't for you, either. But if you want a mini laptop that fits in your pocket and makes phone calls, then this could be your jackpot.

If you think it feels too large for you to use as a phone, you can easily use a bluetooth headset or one of those ear phones with a mic in line. You don't have to hold it up to your ear.

From what few early looks I've had, the Streak has specs that few, if any, smart phones can match. And I really like the 'gorilla glass' screen and the slender profile that it's got. Not to mention the 2nd front facing camera for video calls. And the flash for it's main camera.

I get the impression that it's been better thought out and engineered and generally more capable than most of the smart phones I've seen. And have you seen the size and weight of the two other tablets that are close to it's size? They're much thicker and heavier. Not really something you could comfortably carry in your pocket like you could the Streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    I disagree. I think the Streak might be just the right size.

Tablets can't fit into a pocket like the Streak can. And Smart Phones don't give you enough of a screen to really make web surfing tolerable. If you only want a phone with little other capability, then the Streak probably isn't for you. And, if you only want a portable PC that you don't want to put in your pocket, then it probably isn't for you, either. But if you want a mini laptop that fits in your pocket and makes phone calls, then this could be your jackpot.

If you think it feels too large for you to use as a phone, you can easily use a bluetooth headset or one of those ear phones with a mic in line. You don't have to hold it up to your ear.

From what few early looks I've had, the Streak has specs that few, if any, smart phones can match. And I really like the 'gorilla glass' screen and the slender profile that it's got. Not to mention the 2nd front facing camera for video calls. And the flash for it's main camera.

I get the impression that it's been better thought out and engineered and generally more capable than most of the smart phones I've seen. And have you seen the size and weight of the two other tablets that are close to it's size? They're much thicker and heavier. Not really something you could comfortably carry in your pocket like you could the Streak.
    Maybe there is a market for the Streak.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

I'm very interested, but I'd want to try one out in person first to test the size and such.

I'm highly interested in the streak I just don't want another Backflip so i'm going to wait until eclair at the very least. If it doesn't get it in a reasonable timeframe I will dissmiss it like another motoblur phone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links