Dell Streak Specs

This is a discussion on Dell Streak Specs within the Dell Streak 5 forums, part of the Dell Android Phones category; Oh ok. In that case, got to Verizon. I'd hate to see you go, but if you're looking for the cheapest way to get what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell Streak Specs

Oh ok. In that case, got to Verizon. I'd hate to see you go, but if you're looking for the cheapest way to get what you want, then going to Verizon sounds like the best choice for you.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Have you tried finding a Captivate for $350, or are you not interested in one?

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    Have you tried finding a Captivate for $350, or are you not interested in one?
    TBH, I haven't tried too hard to find a Captivate for $350. I can get one from AT&T for $499 (bless their hearts). Or I can get one on eBay for about $500 which, I believe, would be without any warranty (a risk I'm not willing to take).

AT&T would sell a Captivate to a new subscriber for $99. So, if I closed my account today with a penalty of $175 and subscribed again tomorrow, could I get the $99 price? I have no idea. I'm sure there's some catch to that, although I haven't actually asked AT&T about it.

If you can think of some other source I could check, let me know. Frankly, I don't think there's any hope for a retail price anywhere near $350.

The phone itself, though, is pretty impressive. It has a slightly smaller screen than the Droid X but the Captivate has a faster more powerful graphics chip. It blows practically everything else away in graphic benchmarks. However, that's probably more important for bragging rights than having much actual practical impact. I haven't really looked at the rest of it's specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    TBH, I haven't tried too hard to find a Captivate for $350. I can get one from AT&T for $499 (bless their hearts). Or I can get one on eBay for about $500 which, I believe, would be without any warranty (a risk I'm not willing to take).

AT&T would sell a Captivate to a new subscriber for $99. So, if I closed my account today with a penalty of $175 and subscribed again tomorrow, could I get the $99 price? I have no idea. I'm sure there's some catch to that, although I haven't actually asked AT&T about it.

If you can think of some other source I could check, let me know. Frankly, I don't think there's any hope for a retail price anywhere near $350.

The phone itself, though, is pretty impressive. It has a slightly smaller screen than the Droid X but the Captivate has a faster more powerful graphics chip. It blows practically everything else away in graphic benchmarks. However, that's probably more important for bragging rights than having much actual practical impact. I haven't really looked at the rest of it's specs.
    Hmm I never thought of that. It would be cheaper than getting it with no contract. At&t must've seen that happen before and has some extra fee for doing that though.

Junior Member straw55_attdroids's Avatar
    Your account has to be closed for 59 days, before you can get a new contract.

That makes sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links