What are your plans for the Galaxy Tab

This is a discussion on What are your plans for the Galaxy Tab within the General Android OS forums, part of the Android OS category; What do you think the chances of importing a Galaxy tab to work on T-mo? I did a little digging around and found the GSM ...

Thread: What are your plans for the Galaxy Tab

Android Jr Member TMODroids User's Avatar

What are your plans for the Galaxy Tab

What do you think the chances of importing a Galaxy tab to work on T-mo? I did a little digging around and found the GSM technology that T-mo uses are the same as most of Europe. My theory is, an unlocked phone (in this case the Galaxy Tab) should work over here.

Why go through all the hassle?
    1. I hate dealing with contracts
    2. I want one device (no phone on the tab for us folks in the US means I would need to carry my nexus one too)
    3. The Tab is exactly what I (think) I want. A big, but still pocketable, Android phone.

Is this just crazy talk? One other option I was thinking of was waiting till the Tab was released here and hope that some enterprising tinkerer would unlock the phone portion of the Tab via root or some other way. For me I won't be getting a Tab unless I can use it as a phone, like in the commercial.

Otherwise my Nexus One is the (almost) perfect solution.

What do you think?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Jr Member TMODroids User's Avatar
    I will buy one for my wife. I had an iPad and never used it. I use my phone for everything and its always in my pocket. A tablet would be left behind I think. Maybe I will buy two who knows.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links