WiFi Error in HTC Incredible S

This is a discussion on WiFi Error in HTC Incredible S within the General HTC Discussions forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; i tried to on my wifi it doesnot turn on and after 15-20 sec it says "Error". how can i fix it? if want to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WiFi Error in HTC Incredible S

WiFi Error in HTC Incredible S

i tried to on my wifi it doesnot turn on and after 15-20 sec it says "Error".
    how can i fix it?
    if want to reboot it ,then dont know the whole procedure how to reboot it.??? please help me asap.thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Reboot simply means restarting your phone. Hold down the power button until the menu appears and click restart.
    Good luck & welcome to the forum!

tap'n

but restarting the fone doesnt work for me
    power+vol down and home button shows menu .... tell me how can i flash it with different kernel?? (dont know how to do it )
    what does flash mean? ive seen a video on youtube and he did something like that with a usb cable attached to pc?? what is it?? please help me out of thiss

Sorry for the confusion, but your original question asked about "rebooting" your phone, not "rooting" your phone. Of which you'll need to do in order to "flash a kernel". I would strongly advise against that since you're not familiar with the terms, nor rooting process.

"Rebooting" simply means turning it completely off and then back on again as mentioned above. Oftentimes this will fix your Wi-Fi error.

You have an "older" device, so there could be any number of reasons for this error, so we'll need a little more information.

First, go ahead and turn it off again and do a 10 minute battery pull...this will sometimes help.
    Second, what type of Wi-Fi connection are you trying to connect to? (Home/personal network, or public Wi-Fi?)
    Have you made sure you entered the password or accepted the terms of service if it's a public Wi-Fi?
    Third, did this just start happening, or has it been a problem for awhile?
    Lastly, please do not attempt to FLASH anything to your phone in a attempt to "fix" this because you watched a YouTube video. It's not as simple as flashing a new kernel. You can easily brick your device if you're not rooted first or flash the wrong file/kernel, etc.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but if you can provide a little more detail, we'll do our best to get you fixed up.
    Good luck! :thumbup:

tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 10-12-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    UltraDroid and farooq.64555 like this.

,thanks for ur reply actually I was in the library using fb and diffrnt applications .as I left library fone suddenly restarted and wifi didnt work after that. and imusing home network n nothing is wrong withthe router .it just happend and I couldnt know why is this so.neither my fone felnoranything worst happend to it.it just restarted and wifigone .please help me out of this.

ive done factory reset but didnt help me.and dont know these terms hiw to flash,rooting or flash with different kernel.brother plz get meout of this .making m mad

and what info u need?I have done all the things u mentioned above but couldnt solve it

Have you rebooted your router at home?
    As for rooting your phone and flashing a new kernel, this isn't something you can just do in 15 minutes for a fix. You really need to read up on the terminology and the procedures, otherwise you can easily brick your device and end up with a shiny paperweight. Not to mention, you have an older phone, which means developers are no longer supporting this model, so if you run into a problem, your pretty much stuck with pretty paperweight.

tap'n

yes I ve rebooted the router but of no use....ok just tell me can I fix it or not? if yes then whT should I do? or I should go to some local repair shop?I ve told u before that it restarted on its own and didnt turn on afterthat.what was that? do uknoe? can uhelp me?

What version is your operating system? Gingerbread, Ice Cream sandwich? If you don't know, open up your system settings and look under "about phone". Take a screenshot.....it should look similar to this. I'm looking for what it says under model number and Android version. Also, who is your carrier?

Did you do the 10 minute battery pull like I suggested the other day? Turn your phone off and remove the battery for 10 full minutes...no cheating.
    Did you say your Wi-Fi works at other locations outside your home?

tap'n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links